Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my silver 06' cobalt LS coupe a couple weeks and love it now that Ive learned how to drive stick.

Ive decided I want to lower it, but I have one problem. Im not sure if Id still be able to clear the sloped curb and get up my driveway. The HOA in my neighborhood are nazi's about parking on the street so that wouldnt be an option. any thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Depends on how much your gonna lower it. Its simple, jump determine how much your gonna lower it, and measure how high this sloped curb is, and see if it would be okay. In most cases im sure you would be fine. Unless your gonna throw the car all the way to the ground lol

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome to the website.

There is always options that lower your car less or more depending on the springs

You can go with
SS/SC/TC springs- Lower about .5" inch all around
Tenzo R springs- 2" front 2.5" rear
Eibach Sportlines- 2" front 2.5" rear
Eibach Prokit- 1" front 1.6" rear
SSC springs- 2" front 2.25" rear

and that is just a few of the options

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Welcome! don't forget B&G s2 springs like i just ordered...they slam a cobalt pretty nicely :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, I was thinking about Eibach Sportlines. I realized after my post that theres a guy in my neighborhood with an rx8 slammed to the point where a peice of paper might not fit between it and the ground who somehow manages to get up his driveway so I should be fine.

Any other tips on driving a lowered car?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
B&M?? hmm..B&G's!!!!!!!!
oh wow dude how did I not see that mistake! been real tired this week due to tons of school and st patrick's day celebrations!!! lol. PS springs came in @ my dads place. Hopefully i'll see em next week.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im already good at dodging potholes haha. Out where I live there are a few roads full of them that get ignored by the state who's more interested in putting in stoplights for a mall that hasn't been built yet... gotta love their logic.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Thanks everyone, I was thinking about Eibach Sportlines. I realized after my post that theres a guy in my neighborhood with an rx8 slammed to the point where a peice of paper might not fit between it and the ground who somehow manages to get up his driveway so I should be fine.

Any other tips on driving a lowered car?
we need pics of this rx8

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.