Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im brandon from abingdon MD i have a 2008 cobalt lt i dont know much about cars and i was wondering if its worth supercharging an automatic or if manual is the way to go.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to YC.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome! sc the auto. that way when people give you a hard time about being auto you'll have a faster car than them! plus its way to expensive to swap to a manual

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
welcome, and either way the car can be fast with either. But if you want to get the best out of the auto a shift kit would help and upgrade to the tranny to be able to hang in good with a manual. Basically I am saying, if you had an auto with an SC or turbo Vs. same car with manual and SC or Turbo, the Manual would probably be alittle faster. I am talking cobalt vs cobalt here, in some cars you just cannot beat auto that is setup good compared to rowing your own gears. Especially if the auto has a manual shift mode. and again, I am talking about high end cars, paddle shift cars that cost under 40K and such are not the best for their quickness when compared to say a new Ferrari F430 and such.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.