Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Skippy, I am 25 years old and I am a builder in a metal shop.
I am the proud owner of a Chevrolet Cobalt 2008 COLOR : Yellow with Black Racing Stripes
Ever since I started working with the PO Systems I have been very interested in mechanics and wanting to learn how to get better at building and fixing cars.
Lately after 2 years of driving roughly 40,000 miles.. things are starting to shut down on me.
I was able to figure out most things but this one I can't quite. I haven't found someone able to show me how to fix my exhaust leak, through I know that's the problem. I have fixed just about everything else for error code p0171.
Does anyone know of any exhaust leaks related to the error code p0171?
And if my exhaust does have a leak, should I repair it? or get a new one? Get some patching tape?
Anyway, I'm really happy to finally be apart of a forum, can't wait for your replies.
Thanks ;)
-Skippy

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
These usually leak at the flex pipe and can cause a lean code P0171 because it is between the 2 oxygen sensors. Most muffler shops can swap out the flex pipe only.

Reactions: peanutbutter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah! that is what I was suspecting i just couldn't remember the information I'd gathered!!
. . . I've been rather frustrated.
I am going to further my research to locate and understand a "flex pipe" :)
Thank you,

may I please add
thank you thank you thank you!!

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

question:: CAN i tape any leaks with an exhaust repair kit, without removing the exhaust?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.