Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone how's it going...

Does anyone know or has done this.. I want to hook my ipod up to my car because the FM transmitter really is terrible but i don't want to get a new head unit i want to keep my Factory Unit and if i can keep my Steering wheel buttons working that would be great what would i have to do to get my IPOD hooked up to my Factory Unit.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have the 2-sided head phone jacks on each side of a wire.(bought From Radio Shack) and plugged one side into the ipod and the other into the head unit.. but you have to change the song on the ipod not the buttons one the head unit or steering wheel

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is none... its the Aux plug on the head unit.. plays Perfect

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really.. and its easy to hook up i have to pull out the stereo and add it? and how much and whats it called?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm.. i believe your stock head unit should have a Head Phone Jack on the front of it..

(its a random Black Hole )

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked at all of those connecters from that site and i'm not sure that any of those will fit. But heres a FM transmitter that never gave me any static. It's alittle pricey but its the best one out of the bunch IMO.
Monster Cable iPod FM Transmitter

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that to but for 50bux you can get a better performing headunit than the 05 stocker :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personally, I like the head unit in my 05 LS Sport, but it definitely doesn't have an Aux input. The main concerns for me are the occupied space and the steering wheel controls (which are pretty sweet IMHO). I don't think there is really any option besides using an FM transmitter.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is the head unit you need. Notice I circled the AUX input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was looking for good fm transmitters and went through a couple, yesterday i found one in walmart that wasnt by all the other transmitters it was by the car audio section, it was made by scosche. this is the best one i had so far and the best part is it was only 25 bucks ill see if i can get a link

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i ordered one from newegg awhile back, wrote a review on it but that has since been lost :(
it was made by iriver

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.