Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys.. i got 2 12 kenwood db+ i need to know if this is goin to overkill or not.. im going to dynamat this weekend i got i think 60sq feet of it so it should be enough to do the trunk along with a 1500w kenwood amp.. am i goin to blow my window out or should i trade these off to my buddy for 2 10 alpines

·
Registered
13 Posts
Na it's not overkill at all, just so long as you ballance them out with the rest of your system. I'm currently running two 12 kicker comps off an older 1500 amp and it sounds great. However I am going to trade down to tens just for the added trunk space.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have 2 kicker comps too and it sounds sweet....but your car will rattle a hell of a lot.....even with dynamat...so nah depends on how much bass you want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2 12’s in my preference is over kill. Though it is not installed Cobalt yet, I have an older 10 inch Pioneer (03 model) in a sealed Q-logic box with a MTX Thunder 251 amp pushing it. The sound is great. I always op for a 10 or 8 due to quicker response and I listen to a wide verity if music. I won’t even Hz or THD percentages. Since this is an options thread…that’s mine.

Ohh, if you do got with a rattling system. Get some ¼ rubber grommets for the back plate. This will help that quiet.
~JF~

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i got my 12's in and all hooked up, ill take pics in a lil bit.. i dont have to much rattle, i had to buy a sealed box for now till i decide what i want to do. i dont have to much rattle except the license plate but i can deal with that, i dont turn the bass up anyways i just wanted damn good sound :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
They wont overkill it...howver i wud put a nice cap just so you wnt kill ur batt and alternator

·
Registered
187 Posts
for the liscence plate, get like a thin piece of foam, unscrew the plate and put the foam inbetween the plate and the car. screw the plate back on tight and there will be no rattling guaranteed. if you dont want to dynamat and spend 200 dollars on it, go to like lowes or something and get a huge roll of thin foam and just insulate the bottom of the spair wheel and all around it. also insulate the trunk itself and then the rubber pieces where the trunk lays. it will make the trunk a little harder to close, but it wont rattle at all. thats what i did for mine, and you cant even tell i have a sub in the back when i got my windows up.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
for the license plate, grip it with you two hand and bend the bottom up a little. Done, wont rattle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea ive got 2 10's with a 600 watt amp (i'm in need of a better one) and then 2 6x9's amped 100 watts each and it's great no problems i have to fix my rear deck though it rattles a bunch

·
Registered
23 Posts
good thing u have dynomat. I have 2 10" kenwood w2s runnin off a jensen900 amp, but lately its starting to rattle.

12s is definately not overkill. I was thinkin of runnin 2 12s and a 15. Anyone think they may be too much>?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it's too loud, you're too old. You can never have too much.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't think it is overkill. I love my system.

Here is my system.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
the most ive seen was 3 JL 12" w3s replacing the backseat of a ranger... thats loud

·
Registered
142 Posts
2 x 12's is fine... i was running 8 JL W0 12's in my Silverado now that hurt some times... (what did you say i can't hear you) : )

·
Registered
142 Posts
ya it was pretty nasty... i took out the back seats of the extended cab and called it off running 2 2000 watt punches... and 2 2farad caps... it packed a punch those were the days i had way to much money sitting around and way to much time :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.