Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Other than being slightly bigger, with a bigger engine what really is the difference?

Does he impala have auto speed sensing wipers, electric steering?

Is the paint quality better? You look at my cobalt and the paint falls off.

I am thinking of getting either a 2007 Fusion or a 2007 Impala , but was wondering if its worth it.

Are the seats more comfortable in the impala over a cobalt? Looks like the impala uses the same cheap dash plastic as a cobalt.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Its a bigger car. More room for comfort. Seats built for comfort. They are nice cars. Nicer than the cobalt? Depends.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I did rent a fusion when I went to Tennessee. It was awesome. Looked cool, fast, interior was nice. Really nice car too

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
An upgrade? An upgrade in what? Power, luxery, size, what? Also, which cobalt model are you referring to? Answer these and I will let you know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
IMO, they aren't comparable. The Impala is a full size sedan, whereas the cobalt is a sub compact economy car or sub compact sport, depending on model. One has four cylinders, the other has six. What are you looking for in a car? Between the ford and the chevy, that is all personal opinion. Personally, me and my family don't own anything without a bowtie.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You could spend more for a 2012-13 Impala. They've been upgraded to a 3.6 LFX 300hp from the V6 Camaro and a new 6-speed auto. They can had for $13-15k, a bargain.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
well an "upgrage" yes, but they're not really comparable, ones a full size family sedan while the other is a compact economy car. The impala is obviously built "Better" has a bigger engine, more room, more comfortable etc etc

I suppose you could say it is, but that doesn't make it a car I'd want, they're EVERYWHERE, and they're police cars, taxi's, shuttles, old man mobiles, meh, doesn't interest me at all.. I do have a soft spot for the SS impala though, 5.3L V8, mmm.

·
Registered
435 Posts
But most SS models I've seen for sale are high mileaged and abused. Not to mentioned the transmission craps out prematurely. It does have that torquy muscle sound :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Other than the ss/sc and ss/tc I'd say they're a clear upgrade. More power, still good on fuel, and everything else these fine ppl have said. Would I buy the impala or the fusion? I'd buy the fusion but I'd want the ainsin 6 speed fusion with the 3.0L for the added power. The 2.5 still makes around 190hp though.

The cd4e transmission (4 speed) isn't the strongest thing ford has put out. The impala transmission aren't very strong and I've already replaced about 6 of them in customer's vehicles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's better to get the 06-09 Fusion as they have Aison 6-speed auto. The 2010+ have the 6F35 that's common for shift flaring, valvebody and software issues whereas the 10-12 Sport retains the solid Aison.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
See ppl I'm not crazy :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.