Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Chevy thought it was a good idea to rid the world of cobalt. Which may or may not turn out to be good. But My dealer used to cycle through coalts pretty quick. People bought them. Now, I see the Cruze there instead of cobalts. And theres a TON of them on the lots. You know how many people have bought since they got them in? One. That's what a friend of mine (whose a salesman) told me. He said they arent selling near as well as the balts did.
How is the turnout in you guys' dealerships? Good or bad? :blink:

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
I think it will take some time, but realistically I might have seen maybe 10 so far on the road and I drive all over the east coast. Price plays a big role in car sales and these days people do not have the extra cash. Don't forget probably half of the country are not car people and could care less if the drive a nissan versa or a chevy aveo, they are looking for a car in a certain price point, not the car, a car.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I see a million Cruzes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive seen at least 6 and I live in a rural area so thats a good number. If they had a coupe version, I'd have bought one instead of my loaded Cobalt on clear out sales...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I know Chevy thought it was a good idea to rid the world of cobalt. Which may or may not turn out to be good. But My dealer used to cycle through coalts pretty quick. People bought them. Now, I see the Cruze there instead of cobalts. And theres a TON of them on the lots. You know how many people have bought since they got them in? One. That's what a friend of mine (whose a salesman) told me. He said they arent selling near as well as the balts did.
How is the turnout in you guys' dealerships? Good or bad? :blink:
That is because the base model cruze costs more than the base/LS cobalt did. Those base trim cobalts were popular because they were cheap and not as cramped/gutless as the Aveo. I remember when the base model cobalts without power anything were in the 13K range brand new. The lowest trim Cruze starts off in the low 17K range. Makes a huge difference in monthly payments. The closest car GM offers in the former price range of the Cobalt is the Aveo/Sonic.

Anyways, I've only seen about 3 Cruze vehicles in person (driving around, not sitting on the dealer lot) since launch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is because the base model cruze costs more than the base/LS cobalt did. Those base trim cobalts were popular because they were cheap and not as cramped/gutless as the Aveo. I remember when the base model cobalts without power anything were in the 13K range brand new. The lowest trim Cruze starts off in the low 17K range. Makes a huge difference in monthly payments. The closest car GM offers in the former price range of the Cobalt is the Aveo/Sonic.

Anyways, I've only seen about 3 Cruze vehicles in person (driving around, not sitting on the dealer lot) since launch.
True. I do think you are correct about the pricing being a factor. I just wanted to know everyones thoughts. :)

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I haven't seen a single cruze since it's release

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I see so many that I don't really even notice them anymore, unless I'm paying attention.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've seen many on the road .... and they do look good. Till they add a 2.4L or some non turbo with 180-200hp I'll not buy one.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Since these have come out I have only seen one on the road but it had out of state plates. People in hawaii are seriously anti anything american so You really won't see many around.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
gm has sold more cruzes than they did cobalts from wut i saw

·
Registered
75 Posts
I drive over 100 mi. a day for work and my job makes me travel around the suburbs of Chicago. I see at least ten a day. But from what my dealer said, they have sold way more of the Cruze then they did of the Cobalt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.