Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it at all possible to convert the 4lug wheel set up over to the 5lug set up that is on the SS? If so what all would be needed?

·
Registered
248 Posts
i wa just looking this up like 10 minutes ago, everything above is true although for some reason 5 axle rims look much better:notrust:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See i really like the SS rims but they are 5 lug rims. See i didn't know know if it could be done just doing a swap with some of the ss parts from a salvage yard.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
See i really like the SS rims but they are 5 lug rims. See i didn't know know if it could be done just doing a swap with some of the ss parts from a salvage yard.
Ya it can't be done like that if you know what your doing....im not saying you don't....just sayin....it's not worth it just for some stock ss wheels IMO

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
just to let you know that when you get your 5 lug conversion you will have a 5x110 lug pattern, so you will have all of about 40 rims to choose from... as of right now you have 4x100... which means you can pick from about 50,000 rims..... see what im saying??

·
Registered
416 Posts
just to let you know that when you get your 5 lug conversion you will have a 5x110 lug pattern, so you will have all of about 40 rims to choose from... as of right now you have 4x100... which means you can pick from about 50,000 rims..... see what im saying??
I agree. I bought a wheel adapter that changed my pattern from 4x100 to 4x125 and stuck the wheels out an inch. I'll NEVER do that again!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I see what you saying, I was just curious. Didn't know if it was something I could do or not in the future. They should have made all the cobalts the same, I mean they did with the pontiac g5! They could have easily made the cobalts the same way.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
he had a really bad problem with putting his rims back on. h/o and i'll find the link if i can

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
if you got the money, i know of alot of sites with some cool 4-lugs....if your a cheapass like me, you'll just buy used ones off craigslist :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.