Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just wondering what everyones opinion is since a good amount of you guys have more experience than me!

Is a K & N drop in worth it?

Any noticeable difference in anything? (mpg's, throttle response, etc.)

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok just wondering what everyones opinion is since a good amount of you guys have more experience than me!

Is a K & N drop in worth it?

Any noticeable difference in anything? (mpg's, throttle response, etc.)

thanks in advance!!
drop in CAI/SRI intake kit or just the filter?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
IMO, for the price of the filter...no I don't think it is worth it to just get the K&N drop in filter. While you can probably throw up numbers that show the K&N drop in filter flows more air than the stock filter the entire intake is still going to determine the total air flow. Best to get the K&N typhoon intake rather then the drop in filter if you want an increase in performance (2.2 and 2.4 versions -- get the one for your engine)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree, go with the full intake. You will be much happier with the results. You will get way better mpg and your throttle response will be more noticeable. The drop-in filters are nice because you only have to buy one, then you can clean and oil it multiple times, it will flow slightly easier, and it will slowly pay for itself. But if you are looking for better throttle response and mpg then you should go with the full intake. This will pay for itself in no time. If you are worried about the price difference, give us a call and we'll save you some money on the intake, if you want to go with a drop in give us a call and we'll get it out right away. Definately one of the best mods you can do to the cobalt is the full cold air intake.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Throw in an exhaust mod and you will be even happier!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Not worth it .... its all or nothing (all meaning CAI)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've got a cat back exhaust and i took out the intake silencer.

i also have custom intake piping i just wanted to leave the stock airbox but I figured without a high flow filter it's kinda pointless

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is worth it i have one on my 2.2 cobalt 08 and it made a little difference,but to recieve the full potietial of the intake do something with your exhaust. then you will see the difference

·
Registered
92 Posts
Personally, I like my K&N Drop In in my 2.2
As far as intake, I also removed the resonator, but thats it
I saw plus 2-4 mpg and can feel some increase in power
Its also nice not having to trash those cheapo paper filters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.