Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think its worth getting 15" rims on the cobalt? with the money im saving from getting 15" rims (I already have 15" tires) rather then getting 17/18" rims/tires I can get some eibach sportlines....worth it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
No..IMO just wait till you need new tires then upgrade to 17 or bigger. Besides the stock tires don't last that long anyway...lol I only got about 20,000 miles before mine were down past the wearbars. and that was with proper inflation and rotations. And using studded tires in winter.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
definitely not. 15" rims will make the car look weird, and like you're too cheap to buy 'real' rims. Def go 17'' minimum. Rims are something you do not want to go cheap with. Wait until you can afford some nice 17's or 18's and decent tires. then save for the sportlines afterwards.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
No..IMO just wait till you need new tires then upgrade to 17 or bigger. Besides the stock tires don't last that long anyway...lol I only got about 20,000 miles before mine were down past the wearbars. and that was with proper inflation and rotations. And using studded tires in winter.
x2 what he said

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I'd wait alil longer and get atleast 17's, keep in mind if you go 17s the price is not as high as you think(just depends on the type of wheels) and that tires are usually much cheaper between 17 and 18s. I wish I had 17's sometimes cause of the cost of the tires I want.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
if you can find some 15's for super cheap I say go for it while your saving for something bigger. other wise don't do it. unless you like the look of 15's then by all means go for it. back in the day everyone ran 15's and it was cool. depends on what style you like

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, thanks alot everyone for your input...I'm gonna hold off on the 15" and get the sportlines installed...and maybe some new SS seats.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
17s or 18s.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

This was my old G5 with 15" MSW Type 11 rims and Kumho tires to give you an idea.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
get 15's, pick up some coilovers, and slam that balt to the ground. The Honda guys rock 15's al the time. We just have super huge wheel wells though
ya but 15s on a honda look like 17s on a balt. I was rocking 14s as one of my sets of rims on my old civic and they didn't look small

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.