Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I called up my local dealer and got a price for an ss front bumper cover..unpainted they want 550$. So I am asking everyone for their opinion on whether I should invest in the ss body kit (I.e. Front and rear bumper cover and sideskirts) or should I just sell my car and get an ss

·
Registered
133 Posts
sounds like a decent price i got mine from andys auto sport for like 450- 550

·
Registered
567 Posts
Holly shit i did get a good deal at 50 bux....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok so I called up my local dealer and got a price for an ss front bumper cover..unpainted they want 550$. So I am asking everyone for their opinion on whether I should invest in the ss body kit (I.e. Front and rear bumper cover and sideskirts) or should I just sell my car and get an ss
I got mine for 350 from my dealer. Total cost for the front bumper painted was about 550. I just bought the front lip for it too. Check out my thread its in this forum its the old new member intro

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
neither, but if one or the other...do you want to go fast or just look good? fast=ss looks=kit

just remember ss also means higher payment and possibly much higher insurance premiums too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
neither, but if one or the other...do you want to go fast or just look good? fast=ss looks=kit

just remember ss also means higher payment and possibly much higher insurance premiums too.

^^^ This is very true you will easily pay 100-200 more between the 2.

does ss bumpers fit on sedans?
Yes

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
one more thought. once you get the bumper you're going to want to put in side skirts, the lip, rear bumper and the grill ($$$)...so personally I'd be disappointed with the look of my car having a bumper that hangs lower than the rest of the car until I could afford the rest. plus getting it painted by another shop could lead to fading issues in a few years. not too likely, but possible.

I'm not trying to discourage as I really like the SS kit and may even get one myself one day, just giving you another opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
one more thought. once you get the bumper you're going to want to put in side skirts, the lip, rear bumper and the grill ($$$)...so personally I'd be disappointed with the look of my car having a bumper that hangs lower than the rest of the car until I could afford the rest. plus getting it painted by another shop could lead to fading issues in a few years. not too likely, but possible.

I'm not trying to discourage as I really like the SS kit and may even get one myself one day, just giving you another opinion.
Trust me the front bumper makes the car look 100% better. I agree the side skirts need to be put on but its not that bad heres my car with it. Like I said I have the front lip for the bumper in the body shop right now getting painted and i need to order the skirts

·
Registered
151 Posts
i say not worth it. save ur 550 plus the cost of paint and installation and put it towards performance then when u have some go then u can show

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after reading all these im going to get the bumper. the only ebay listing is a vic red ss that needs just a little work. currently i am the highest bidder with under 6hrs left. my buddy works at a body shop and i can get it fixed for almost nothing. but it doesnt have the slots for the lip cut into it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.