Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive started to pay a little more attention to my cobalt since hittting 50,000 miles. Ive noticed that while driving my cobalts temp will stay around 190 degrees but while idle it may rise as high as 218 degrees. Ive checked the manual and it doesnt give a normal running temp that the car should remain around. My light hasnt come on, no steam and my coolant level is normal in amount and color. I have a feeling it may be the water pump but am just not sure. Any comments?

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ive started to pay a little more attention to my cobalt since hittting 50,000 miles. Ive noticed that while driving my cobalts temp will stay around 190 degrees but while idle it may rise as high as 218 degrees. Ive checked the manual and it doesnt give a normal running temp that the car should remain around. My light hasnt come on, no steam and my coolant level is normal in amount and color. I have a feeling it may be the water pump but am just not sure. Any comments?
Apparently this is normal. I have seen the temp go as high as 219 while sitting at a railroad crossing for a passing train.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That's exactly what mine is running right now...
Perfectly normal =)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
As long as it doesn't go above 220, you're fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just make sure to watch for engine cooling or w.e it says..
My hose clips some how got broken or unclipped one day and my car was pushin like 220s-230s and I couldnt figure out wtf was going on. I parked and checked all my hoses and fluids and everything was fine. Drove her on some ramps and turns out my clips were off :|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.