Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im putting either 2 10" or 2 12" JL W3 subs into my trunk with a rockford fosgate amp... does anyone know if my stock headset/radio will be ok with that power?

P.S. i have a 2008 LS 2dr coupe

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are going to be W3V3's. i was planning on changing ou the headset eventually but not yet. theres other thing my car needs first and if the headset will be good for now it can wait till later. can you recommend a good headset for the future though?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm personally running a PAnasonic in mine. I have an all JL system, all the way down to the wires. But if I had to suggest a good headunit at a good price, I say go with Alpine. Not a cheap one like they sell at Best Buy or Circuit City, but a higher end one. You can get a good mid-level Alpine for around $200 to $250 that will sound great

·
Registered
268 Posts
i have to 12" kicker comps and i'm pushing 800 something watts and i still have the stock headunit and it sound awesome.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i thought alpine would be a good choice but i wasnt sure

and now i feel so much better that your pushing 800 on the stock headset and mines only half (if not less) of that :)

ill be able to last a good while on that

thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
you should be fine

·
Registered
594 Posts
you should just get the one the dealer offers for the pioneer system that comes with the ss cobalt:p

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have to 12" kicker comps and i'm pushing 800 something watts and i still have the stock headunit and it sound awesome.
What exactly are you running? I want to upgrade my audio on the cheap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im pushing a Two 12's inch treo off a 1700 watt amp with my stock head unit and i noticed that it is starting to go out on 2006 cobalt. As for a deck alpines are good and so are kenwoods just depends on your taste and what sound you are going for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.