Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten fair in painting the interior trim and such, but I'm going to want to black out my bowtie and grill. Is there any difference between painting these compared to interior pieces?

I used Krylon Gray primer, fusion for plastics navy blue, and fusion for plastics clear coat.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Pretty much, painting it painting. Sand prime and spray, usually works for anything. Interior trim, emblems, wheels, whatever. Just make sure its very clean when you spray.

And me personally, when i painted my emblems, i didnt even use a primer or a clear coat lol. I just took the front emblem, sanded it and sprayed it. Held up fine for years. And the grill i didnt do anything to it, just washed it, let it dry, and sprayed with krylon fusion. That stuff is made to bond to plstic so not much prep work is needed.

·
Registered
985 Posts
pretty much the same. only change I made was I did 5 clear coats so I wouldnt have to touch them up as often.
A little over a year later and still look the same as the day I did them aside from 1 small rock chip on the front one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.