Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you with Infiniboost from Trifecta that is triggered by comp mode, you might want to do this to keep unintended HP from the porter, buddy, GF, BF, hubby, kids or your wife...

This should be under electronic forum but I couldn't find one here...:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does it de-tune or lock the trifecta tune from kicking in unexpectedly, or is it just a lock to keep people from touching something they shouldn't?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Does it de-tune or lock the trifecta tune from kicking in unexpectedly, or is it just a lock to keep people from touching something they shouldn't?
It does exactly what the push button does except now you can lock it when you remove the key...

If you're unfamiliar with Trifecta tune, it is normally engaged (by most people's choice) via comp mode...without the key to engage it, the car remains by default in stock tune...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I got owned I really dont know wht it is...
:laugh: ok...Trifecta is a tune like others but it's done by a guy name Vince and sold through Clear Image...after buying the tune, you put down deposit for cable or GT Tuner depending on whether you have a laptop or not...you get a basic conservative (IMO wild if you have TC) and then do WOT runs while logging data through OBD...you send logs back to him and Vince makes fine tunes according to your taste...he will tune it as mild or as wild as you want, within sanity...I'm peaking around steady around 22.5psi and I'm guessing that's probably around 310-330whp...sure feels like it and I'm not about to ask for more until I get upgraded to stage 3 clutch...:laugh:

Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Customer Feedback

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I like that lock feature

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know about other application or how you'd impliment a lock out on a tune...this works for SS/TC and all other LNF/Trifecta with a comp button...:)

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
im just lost wtf is the lock and key for what do you mean lock the tune?? do you mean when you lock it it's back to stock tune??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
im just lost wtf is the lock and key for what do you mean lock the tune?? do you mean when you lock it it's back to stock tune??
See post #11...this mod is only for SS/TC with Trifecta tune that is triggered by competition mode...the key switch replaces the button so only the driver with the key can unlock the switch to place it into comp mode...thus engage the Trifecta tune...changing it from stock tune (15psi) to wild (23psi in my case)...

When I hand the keys to the mechanic, he does not get the switch key and therefore cannot access the beast mode...the old ZR1 had a similar key to engage all the power...same thing...:)

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
so it's pretty much what i said locks it back to stock tune. that's ****ing awesome. period. i want. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.