Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, i have been asking nearly the same question over and over about the same subject....just trying to figure out which system is best. I was looking at a different amp like 2 days ago but it sold out online and is sold no where else at the moment ( it was factory refurbrished). well now i found a Eclipse XA1200700W Max, XA Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier (XA-1200)

please check this link below to inform me if this would be a good buy for my subs (2nd link below)

here they are.... im only getting 1 sub btw...

amp--http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17801_Eclipse+XA1200.html

sub--http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18045_Kenwood+KFC-W3012.html

·
Registered
115 Posts
look at what youre buying. The sub is a 1200 Watt and the amp you selected is only 700 peak, meaning you wont get full peak power out of your sub. go for a 1200 watt amp to match the sub so you get peak power or a 1000watt amp at least, so it sounds better. Just a problem I ran into with another car that they asked my help.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
look at what youre buying. The sub is a 1200 Watt and the amp you selected is only 700 peak, meaning you wont get full peak power out of your sub. go for a 1200 watt amp to match the sub so you get peak power or a 1000watt amp at least, so it sounds better. Just a problem I ran into with another car that they asked my help.
ya but peak power means basically nothing. RMS value is key inchoosing audio equipment. You must take the RMS of the sub and match it to the amp. Depending on the application, you should generally try to get an amp that has a bit more RMS than the sub, and then tune the system accordingly in order to have perfect clarity.

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
honestly, ya cant go wrong with big name brands. rockford,kicker,pioneer,alpine. just dont buy one for like 50 bucks and expct it work work as well as a 500$ amp. ya get what ya pay for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.