Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone claimed on youtube,that you can just add a few extra parts to the cobalt or any car in general and it will put out as much power as a turbo,obviously the basics is exhaust,header,air intake system just to gain possibly 20hp.

·
Registered
673 Posts
every car is different and it's quite foolish to make assumptions like that. There are cars like the 350z that barely gain anything from bolt ons, then there are cars like a WRX that may gain 30hp just from a full exhaust.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yea, people (especially the idiots on youtube) will tell you anything they think youre dumb enough to listen to. Every car responds differently to various bolt-on's, but chances are that a turbo (at least a well engineered and designed one) is going to put out more power than a few simple bolt ons. But again, dont take that as a generalized fact because like i said, every car is different. There are some cars with such poorly designed turbos that they only make an extra 20-40 hp or so over the stock N/A version.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that is why it didn't make a lot of sense in my view,but I would rather hear more opinions on situations like this,I would think a turbo or even supercharger gives you more then 50hp,compared to just a intake,exhaust,header.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.