1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
idk but mobil 1 knows their sh*t i'd think. right now im rockin the 'balt with 5w30 and its good, so if they say it meets or exceeds the GM specified it should be good. cuz hell, if not i'd figure thats false advertisement and they're about to get sued somethin awful

·
Registered
720 Posts
The fuel savings they talk about is a trivial amount...2%...if you get 30mpg average, that's only .6mpg more that you'll see over time. Unless the price is the same or cheaper than 5W30, there's no real point. According to their study...average 20mpg, $3/gal gas, 2% improvement in economy...you're only saving $150 every 50,000 miles. The cost of this stuff is probably going to eat that potential savings up.

Also, for such a small claim and the way they word everything, there is no way someone could sue them...they aren't claiming 5mpg. They are claiming a trivial amount that you would have a hard time proving or disproving.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't know if it will save much money for mileage but they do know what they are saying. I agree with 07, basically sad everything I was going to say

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I might as well just use the regular recommended oil then lol thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
oh no i wasnt saying theyd get sued for not living up to their claims. i meant they would if the oil damaged the engine

·
Registered
462 Posts
I use 0w30... works great. No MAJOR vtak symptoms but a lil more MPG here and there than usual... works nice and smooth, keeps the engine quiet. It's fully synthetic and only cost me $22/5QT at walmart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.