Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive looked around and reserched to try to figure out why my car is starting up rough with a very loud rattleing noise? im not talking about after i let it set for overnight and start it up in the morning, but goin into a store and leaving it for like 5 minuts or less..
ik its a common thing but this noise is getting very loud and annoying
it hasnt done this before.

any suggestions?:mad:

Specs
07 chevy cobalt
LS 2.2

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might be the same problem as mine. First generation timing chain tensioner 05 to mid 07 lose prime very quickly and need 3 or 4 seconds to start working again. Embarrassing or what!!! Just purchased the newer "B" version.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Old one....

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
ok is their a kit i can get?
also mine is the L61 i notced the one on ebay was mainy for a different type..
Yes there is a cloyes timing kit that comes with guides, tensioner, sprockets and chain if you want to redo all of the timing. It doesn't matter what engine it says its for, they're all the same tensioner and such

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
ok is their a kit i can get?
also mine is the L61 i notced the one on ebay was mainly for a different type..
What is important is that you get this number 12608580 and if you would have read further down you would have seen yours was included in the list.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where can i get this kit ?

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Yes there is a cloyes timing kit that comes with guides, tensioner, sprockets and chain if you want to redo all of the timing. It doesn't matter what engine it says its for, they're all the same tensioner and such

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
DNJ TK314 Timing Chain Kit - OE replacement?

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

where can i get this kit ?

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

DNJ TK314 Timing Chain Kit - OE replacement?

view image gallery

Cloyes 9-4201S Timing Chain Kit - OE replacement

theirs two chains i thought their was only one??

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The smaller chain is the water pump & balance shaft drive chain. It sits inside closer to the engine block. It has a hydraulic tensioner. The larger chain is the timing, it has a spring and oil pressure tensioner the one posted earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.