Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!
car is running, insured and all that now and drivable! go me lol and my dad for helping me spend 2700$ to get it back to somewhat good shape. Gotta find out why my directionals do not work, why my first to fan settings do not work for heater and a/c, get the a/c working and a new intake as the stock tub has a hole temperarely fixed with Duct tape hahaha. Pics of the new shoes on page 3. I am happy though.

Well not a biggy or anything for you peeps but my head to my cavalier came in. Its a stock piece, going on the 2.2low. Getting closer to it being done. Still go a ways to go and little money but hey, one thing at a time.

And yes, a real motorhead has car parts on their kitchen table. The kitchen reeks of manlyness

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Well not a biggy or anything for you peeps but my head to my cavalier came in. Its a stock piece, going on the 2.2low. Getting closer to it being done. Still go a ways to go and little money but hey, one thing at a time.

And yes, a real motorhead has car parts on their kitchen table. The kitchen reeks of manlyness
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you, being a fellow cavalier lover, LOL!

OMG... I need to SIG that but im runnin out of room! BAHAHAHA! :-D Hey, im a girl & i have car-parts in my room... doesnt mean my room reeks of manlyness, does it?! LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts
it's all good man, in my room, I have the back seat of my car on the floor (gaming seat lol)
I have a stock hubcap hanging on my wall, my closet is ful of car parts, stock intake, engine cover, like 3 stereos, tons of speakers everywhere, and parts from my cavalier lol

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yay, came home to find it parked next to where the balt parks, just the balt goes in the garage. I started it!!! it runs, but still need to do more to it before its driveable. Alittle sad I missed its first start in 2 years but its all good.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, my list of stuff to get aside from many hours of cleaing it up as best as I can is:

Brake rotors
Brake pads
Starter(old is not working when it gets warm)
Alternator
Tires, would like to get new wheels and tires, we well see

and pay back my dad since he went and bought some of the stuff without me knowing first, he was more excited to get working on it than I. But I well be damned if I do not pay back.

As I thought the cobalts sit high! Holy 4x4 people, but I am not sure if I well get springs are not, this car is a beater, I want to improve the look alittle but already have a car to toss on goodies so I doubt I well lower any time soon. I am sure I well get countless comments on it but people are dumb and seem to never comprehend what a beater is these days lol.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lol spend the ca$h on your cobalt!!! not that it needs much more on it newayz its already frigin siick! but congrats on gettin the cavalier to start! cant wait till i have a car to re build or heavily mod and play around with!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to drop the money on the balt but I really, really want a second vehicle, from the time i started driving I pretty much had two. Having one sucks, especially when you hate to take it to some places especially here where people are asshats cause you have to worry about where its parked. So having a another ride that i wont have to care too much about is nice, keeps the balt looking as good as it does and keeps the mileage down, its now at 23k miles, in five years, hopefully its not even at 30k hehehe. I well drive it on nice days only to keep it cleaned out and such but other than lil' drives, car shows(when they start back up) and track days its in the garage :).

Also I only want a couple more things for the balt before I save for what I really want. I am going to get the last few things and than just hang onto doing anything to it and when I do, hello TVS :), maybe some engine build while at it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
sweet. I would do the same if I were you. My car has 4000km already and i got it 3 weeks ago. I do alot of driving. once im done working far and im back in school, imma barely drive it. Just too bad i dont have a winter beater.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.