Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just debadged my car while finishing up a few other tiny things.

Before:

AND NOW!!!

AND YAY! I can post a pic!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Smooth like baby cheeks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now just need to color match that trunk lock!
Thanks all! I love her!

Never thought to color math the locks....now that you point it out..GREAT idea! I need to get another Dupli Touch Up Paint Pen so consider all 3 locks matched!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I would have at least left the SS badges, but super clean nonetheless.

I'm partial to a victory red car :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Body work?!?

I would have at least left the SS badges, but super clean nonetheless.

I'm partial to a victory red car :)
lol, Victory Red IS Victorious!! lol

Was researching body work techniques last night...i smell some fun untested waters ahead!!! Which will probably also include some painted lettering

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or shaved XD
I thought about that.....oh 30 seconds after I posted the reply.

Body work IS on deck. Just need to start to purchase the needed supplies and tools. Car has dents, cracks, fading, chipping.. :notrust:

Starting small to develop skills and technique. Trim came out nice at first. Should have left it alone! lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah oh how I love bodywork.. NOT, take your time and make sure to do it right the first time and you'll be off to a good start XD

Thanks for the vote! :wine

I litteraly have nothing else to do. So, why not learn to work on cars! :idea:
Automotive Training?
I know I would get VERY bored with working on crappy base cars and would only want to work on Performance cars...... Anyone know how long the typical Trade School Automotive Training courses are? Cost Range? Is it worth it, even if it is just to have the knowledge and be able to fix anything in your own car?

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Thanks for the vote! :wine

I litteraly have nothing else to do. So, why not learn to work on cars! :idea:
Automotive Training?
I know I would get VERY bored with working on crappy base cars and would only want to work on Performance cars...... Anyone know how long the typical Trade School Automotive Training courses are? Cost Range? Is it worth it, even if it is just to have the knowledge and be able to fix anything in your own car?
I'd say its not worth it if you plan on just working on your car, I do all the repairs myself, most I don't know what I am doing, I learn as I go, and doing that, I was able to learn all I need.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd say its not worth it if you plan on just working on your car, I do all the repairs myself, most I don't know what I am doing, I learn as I go, and doing that, I was able to learn all I need.
Well I know I can learn as I go too. I'm hoping for a Service Manual DL this week... But I know the courses will tell me how and why each part we replace, mod, upgrade does what it does. Knowledge is power!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Goo gone and a plastic specific scrapper if you are really having trouble.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just a question howd you debadge your car without the shitty ass residue from the factory?
I just mainly used my fingers to rub... Goo Gone Did help soften and loosen things up

·
Registered
126 Posts
gotcha ill have to try that. i tried something before but cant remeber what it was..ended up painted the ss and chevy logo black and double side tape them back on. cant tell that they are taped on but i did get the cobalt off without much residue

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any suggestions on how to blend the ghosting paint from the fading?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
polish and wax? clean her up real nice

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.