Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I'd stop in and say hi, havent been on in a while. Bought a house a while back and it's been my priority lately but will be getting the g5 and all of the parts to my garage soon to finally rebuild the thing.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I made one of these post a few weeks ago. Welcome back bro!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, got way too much money into parts for this thing to not get it finished, cant wait to see what the new engine will put down for power though

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything haha, got the head ported and polished, supercharger ported and polished with a 2.7 pulley, 3.5 inch cai from otto, zzp stage 2 lsj cams modded to fit the l61 head, ldk block, forged internals, balance shaft delete, zzp midlength header and ottp catback, huge heat exchanger and dual pump setup for the supercharger coolant, fe5 suspension with Powell springs, lsj brakes, einkei pf01 wheels, and whatever else I'm forgetting. Basically everything but the transmission is going to be freshly rebuilt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice dude! Pretty solid list you have there. Get to wrenchin! Lmao

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
sounds like a good list there, how much is left to do?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty much all of it haha. Pull the blown engine out, build the new one, swap out rear axle, drop tank and change the pump, change control arms, then put everything back together. I still need to buy a few little parts, some gaskets, bearings maybe, piston rings, and whatever else I might be missing. Gotta go through all the boxes and make a list haha

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus figuring out the plumbing for the heat exchanger and possibly an electric water pump, and getting the rotors redrilled to 4x100 if I'm gonna run the einkeis otherwise I'm gonna just run the ion redline wheels

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My list has been growing. I've been ordering a few thing since I've been away from home. OTTP Control arm bushings, enigne mount, upper trans mount, steering rack spacers, rear sway, new OEM control arms for the new bushings, sway bar end links sway bar bushings, ZZP 3.25" CAI.... plus the basics like oil/filter and plygs.... which reminds me I have to order oil before I get home.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the ottp control arm bushings and rack spacers and control arms as well, kinda forgot about that stuff haha. I do need to get the engine mounts though

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I ordered new FE5 Control arms to put my bushings in. Basically to replace the ball joint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts