Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..

I decided to part with the cobalt and purchased myself a 2013 abarth. I wanted something a bit peppier and more unique. I've learned alot on this forum over the years and it helped every step of the way with wrenching on the balt. There are lots of helpful people here with a wealth of knowledge. I'll probably keep lurking and who knows maybe one day I'll find a nice ss for cheap :cheesy:. So thanks for everything guys, see you around!

Oh and a shout-out to Powell Racing before I go, if you ever start doing fiat stuff I'll be first in line :)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
congrats, enjoy the new vehicle! you know where to find us!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
My girlfriend has been looking st New cars since she wrecked her balt. I told her to but a new fiat. With a warranty. For <20k I think they're an awesome deal.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Mmm, nice choice. I wanted one but prices are stupid ridiculous here on them and those are the base abarths too. My "wife" has a 500 Sport though, its alright, I do not like the manual, shifter and clutch seem fake and.... not connected. I have grown to it though being its now the only manual car in the fleet.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Why the hell do people give that guy cars, he sounds retarded.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Might be trading my 2009 escape in on a 2013 escape titanium. Has every possible bell and whistle and that includes the 2.0T which makes 240/270 hp/tq. It's supposed to be coming in on trade for $15k. It's worth about 32k but they're trying to trade it in just to have what's left owing taken off

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm sorry but the Abarth to me is just plain ugly and it's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Its a fiat so be prepared to be repairing it every week. Cool little cars but they are too weird and too small for my taste
had ours awhile, nothing wrong with it, just oil changes and an air filter replacement

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That's only because Alfa Romeo wasn't in those tests.

But with the new partnership and the abundance of that 1.4T engine I wouldn't be as worried as long as basic maintenance is kept up.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
anything is possible with any brand. All I hear people say is that fords are always broke yet every ford that has been in my family, and there is ton, have never been out of service. Just routine maintenance, yea, higher mileage ones like my 150 had some issues but its all been wear items that last way longer then they should of.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My escape which has one of the most failure prone transmissions has been absolutely flawless

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
All the domestics I've owned has been maintenance or wheel bearings (but if you know gm then you know that's expected).

All of the imports I've owned had control arms rusted out. Balljoints failed, tie rod ends, all 6 needed exhaust work, most needed welding and bodywork.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have noticed with more of the Asian imports tend to have rust and failures like you mentioned... Not sure why but seems they are prone to "rotting" out faster than other brands. Cannot speak for euro imports and such, only imports I have owned is Mitsubishi, Mazda, Lexus... had some many vehicles I cannot remember but that is it I believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.