Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Optima I got on Saturday, I signed the paperwork, I'm happy, driving it for four days.

Kia Calls me up today says there is a problem, I just got there around 8pm, I'm tired, haven't had much sleep cause of work, and today was a pain in the but... they tell me I got to do a voluntary repo of the G5 for me to keep the optima and the payment at what it should be.

again I was tired, wasn't understanding what they said, but I signed new paperwork...

I just got done telling my girlfriend, and now I gotta figure out a way to get my G5 Back... It's tearing me up, I dunno what to do. I don't want a voluntary repo, but I want this car, but it means what they can't get from it at auction, I gotta pay for from what I heard...

Help please... advice or something

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
The Optima I got on Saturday, I signed the paperwork, I'm happy, driving it for four days.

Kia Calls me up today says there is a problem, I just got there around 8pm, I'm tired, haven't had much sleep cause of work, and today was a pain in the but... they tell me I got to do a voluntary repo of the G5 for me to keep the optima and the payment at what it should be.

again I was tired, wasn't understanding what they said, but I signed new paperwork...

I just got done telling my girlfriend, and now I gotta figure out a way to get my G5 Back... It's tearing me up, I dunno what to do. I don't want a voluntary repo, but I want this car, but it means what they can't get from it at auction, I gotta pay for from what I heard...

Help please... advice or something
ok can you explain that in simpilar terms?

·
Registered
992 Posts
it sounds like unfortunately once you signed the legal document your kind of bound into the terms, now an effort to whomever initiated this contract for whatever your reason probably is your best bet, other than that go to them and check over the contract for any loop-holes or such, maybe give it to a lawyer friend they can always find stuff in contracts to get them torn up

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Something is not add up . Why would you be able to have a car for four day before you gat a call from them telling you there is a problem. Sounds like they need a little looking into.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Something is not add up . Why would you be able to have a car for four day before you gat a call from them telling you there is a problem. Sounds like they need a little looking into.
happened to me with my Marauder and when I got my FIRST cobalt. Had the cobalt for almost 3 days, got a call saying I could to come back in. I turned out giving them the car back and leaving with what i traded. The Marauder, I got the car, everything was fine than 13 days later I was back at the dealer tearing them a new hole and leaving with my trade in. Both dealers though being ****s tried everything they could to keep me in each car at the time but could not so that is why it took so long for them to get ahold of me. This though, sounds pretty wierd to me, never, ever heard of a dealer asking its business to willingly go ahead and have a set up repo. Maybe its a foreign car thing lol. I would look for advice via lawyer or someone who knows this stuff cause it sounds very strange. You signed a contract they made, THEY, not you, have to bind to it or give you back your G5 and take their korean pos back.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hmm... first off, where was the g5 financed?
i handle repos for a financial institution, weither voluntary or involuntary & that just doesnt make sence to me. what did you sign? a release form? are you past due in any way on the loan? the way we work is if you pay current & pay any repo expenses w/in a set amount of time, you get ur car back. W/ us its 10 business days... and that's BEFORE we even send it to auction & if its @ the auction b4 the 10 days are up, you can still go pick it up. I just dont get it... if you dont get the g5 back, it'll still go against ur credit, it just will be reported as a voluntary repo... im still kinda confuzed tho. If you have it financed thru the dealership or something like that, then idk, they must have their own strange policy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i wanna know the whole story

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, got the insurance straightened out, called GMAC and let them know I was gonna be a little late on my payment cause of the ordeal.

the story...

Saturday, I wasn't looking for a car, but I was. you know.
I drove in to kia, and was looking at the forte koup, and the soul. They said cause they were new they couldn't work a deal, but on the left over 09 optima, they could hide the negative equity, and the banks wouldn't have a problem. So I haggled with them on price for quite some time, and finally settled on a payment.

Yesterday, after only getting five hours sleep on monday night, and being up early for work again on tuesday, and then sitting in I4 traffic in Tampa for two hours cause of a sinkhole, I get a call from them saying the loan didn't go thru, and they need to talk. I go there, thinking they got another deal worked out.

I get there, and my head is hurting from lack of sleep and frustrated cause of the work day, and it was my fault mostly for not being able to think clearly, but I thought they were handling disposal of the car, all I'd have to do is call GMAC and tell them something about them paying off the G5, and they got my payment about 150 lower than what I signed on saturday... But because I was tired, I thought they took care of the pontiac as a trade...

I get home and my girl says they f'ed me up big time, I eat, shower, then look over the paperwork and sure enough, they have me with two car loans...

so I call the bosses let them know I ain't makin it in today, go up there, and give them back their car saying no deal. They try to tell me it isn't their fault for selling me a car without a trade, and going on and on about how they were giving me options. Luckily they didn't shred up one piece of saturday's paperwork, the GAP telling the payment, and bank Financing info.... Turns out the finance guys there switched the date on the new paperwork, which wasn't cool with the general manager, and he handled everything (not with a smile though). But yeah, he took the car back, and I got mine back, and everything is cool...

Too bad too, I really liked the thing, makes me wish I was running GM to say hey, KIA and Hyundai can make Luxury cars for Half the price of a Fully loaded Malibu and the Quality compares to Cadillac.

It wasn't Kia's Fault, it was Bill Bryan's Dealership's fault, But it wasn't all my fault too, they took advantage of me seeing I was tired as hell and wanted to get me out of there with their car... Their guys there didn't want to mark down their Optima to a reasonable price to hide the equity, and it was a year old. They had Brand New 2010s for the same price as the 09....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Some of this is indicative of the kind of morons who sell cars - there's very little qualifications, though there should be.

I had the OWNER of a VW dealership try and sell me the 07' GTI he had on his lot (this was in August 2008 )... I test drove it and he really wanted me to take that one rather than order. I was hesitant given that a) I didn't really want the GTI, b) it had 240km on it, and then I got to c)...

When I asked the price on it, I was expecting a big discount. Nope. Full price. For an 07' (when you could order an 09') with 240km hard test miles on it. When I explained that the car had a year of depreciation on it, irrespective of whether it had ever been titled or not, he didn't get it. Like, good luck selling a car which looks a year older than it is on paper for a price that reflects its actual age.

Sales people are hilarious. Sorry to hear this didn't work for you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
that sucks.. =/ maybe they'll work something out with you later.. like.. call you up and say hey sorry but we are going to fix this to make our reputation stand strong or something.. it could be a good thing!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Some of this is indicative of the kind of morons who sell cars - there's very little qualifications, though there should be...

Sales people are hilarious.
lol I worked at a dealership for a year answering phones... Yeah sales people are insane and will rip you off blind if you let them. Unfourtunately it's not all their fault. Blame the owner. If the lot doesn't move the car in X amount of days, they lose money on it. Which is why you'll find a year old brand new car for the same price as a next year brand new car, right next to each other. It's kinda bs, but at the same time cars to depreciate fast, and they are a buisness that needs to at least break even.

don't ever go into a dealership looking tired or confised. It's like swimming with hungry sharks when you have an arterial bleed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.