Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I looked at my plugs to see if they needed change or not started to pull them out and found them fouled and the wrong plugs they were autolights so I was putting back so I can go pick up new ones as I started to torque the first plug in with a torque stick at 15 IBS wasn't paying attention and may have over torqued the spark plug and ended up pulling the middle of the spark plug out of the treads. Treads where in the head still so after 30 mins of rigging something up i out got it out and I noticed I may have scratched the side wall of the hole trying to get it out and I think some shavings got in the chamber or what ever you cal it since then when I put the new spark plugs my 2.2 feels like its misfiring bad! Any suggestions? Could it be the boots? Yeah I know I'm stupid. But shit happens when ur not paying attention!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check the code to see if it matches the cylinder in case this is all a coincidence. Unless any of the thread pieces got caught in one of the valves you should be good.

Maybe you were too leary in torquing the plug in after what had happen and you have leakage around the plug.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it's an actual misfire the ECM will record each one so check history for pending codes.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What year is your Cobalt?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I believe 07 and up needs the CANDi module.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i thought to and i got 2005 every time I try to change something it says either can't connect or needs candi module. Maybe I'm just not putting the right car line in

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
A body

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Make sure Cigar lighter fuse is good because it also supplies power to OBDII.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just checked, you do need Candi module for all Cobalts. These cars were the first to use high speed GMLand. Newer GMs started using CANDi in 2007.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.