Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have seen a few ppl on here with either a new one of these that looks awesome or that painted it but yet i cant find those again and am not sure what the part is circled in red.... If anyone can tell me what it is and also if you modded it give me just a general idea of what i can do... think i saw one that was metal instead of the plastic which was pretty hot... And of course thanks in advanced!:thanks:thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
99% of the time its just painted. It pops out, just clean it, lightly sand with something like 2000 grit, and paint.

You can also make a carbon fiber one or if you had access to the tools, form a metal one if you really felt like it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and idea what its called lol?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is the "ECM" and "TCM" cover or guard. I just cleaned mine then whiped with lacquer thinner, then sprayed with vinyl adhesion promoter and paint.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that looks great I like that Alot but alright so it just pops off like the plastic engine piece? And right now I got a silver and black theme going on might go with metallic black for it and just scrub the valve cover and gloss it or something. Thanks Alot guys!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, they just clip on. Do silver with black diagonal stripe. WTH!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they just clip on. Do silver with black diagonal stripe. WTH!!!

just might actually do that and btw congrats on becoming the SM for here.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hope you have re-installed Boost post cover after the pictures were taken. Wouldn't want and other fire. That boost post is wired directly to the battery post via no fuses. Accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope you have re-installed Boost post cover after the pictures were taken. Wouldn't want and other fire. That boost post is wired directly to the battery post via no fuses. Accident waiting to happen.
Wow thats lovely, definatley making a mental note of that thanks.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Yeah its on there, the paint was still drying on it when I snapped these pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.