Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post up pics and time slips as soon as I can (pictures are at Walmart getting developed).

I ran my 07 SSNA at the 1/8 mile drag strip with the Jet stage 2 and stage 1 modules. Was hoping to make 2 passes with stage 2 module,2 passes with stage 1 module, and 2 passes without a module but we had a Nova blow his tranny and shut the track down for about an hour so I couldn't get the time trails done before the racing started.

With mods in my signature and:

Jet Performance Stage 2 module -- 10.076 @72.06 MPH, 2.41 60 ft

Jet Performance Stage 1 module -- 10.309 @71.11 MPH, 2.50 60 ft

Track was 81+ degrees, 8-17 knot headwind and humid! I think with 60 degree temps it would been able to get in the high 9's.

Point is my car ran times with the best of the 2.4 Cobalts that have tunes...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Jet Performance Stage 2 module -- 10.076 @72.06 MPH, 2.41 60 ft

Jet Performance Stage 1 module -- 10.309 @71.11 MPH, 2.50 60 ft
You really can't compare single passes to each other.. plus the difference in the 2.41 60 and the 2.5 is enough to give you a .15 difference in your 1/8th mile anyways..

It is good that you have an automatic because that makes the times more consistent but you need to compare times with identical 60 times..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree...was only able to get the 2 solid passes. I started with the stage 2 module because I drove it there with it in. When I realized the time was getting short (due to the tranny fluid on the track getting cleaned up) and wouldn't be able to make but one more time trail I took out the stage 2 module and installed the stage 1 module.

·
Registered
450 Posts
any chance you are selling one of those modules?

·
Registered
450 Posts
i can't seem to get any type of traction but i'm still at stock height and need to get an etd

·
Registered
450 Posts
cool, let us know when you get all your tests out. i wanna see if the stage 2 is worth buying for the difference in performance. i think there is only like a 10 dollar difference right?

·
Registered
610 Posts
very good looking times. im also interested in your final results :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I see a lot of arguements concerning the Jet Chip Module and would like to make people aware of what they are.

Most cars in the 80s had computers (ECUs), but they were different from our ECMs in that they had a removable PROM -- basically a RISC computer. RISC computer (chip) is a very fast computer used to send signals to the ignition system and fuel system as well as take in information so the ECM knows what is going on. Jet Chip started making PROMs in the 80s bettering the factory tunes and making the cars faster (I had experience with them on 86-87 GNs and T-Types). Fast forward to today -- our computers do not have a removable PROM, however if you open them up you'll still find RISCs in them. The Jet Module plugs into the ECM and is a RISC computer -- it acts just like the PROMs did in the past. The module takes the message data sent to the ECM and the data coming from the ECM and after going through a set of tables sends out altered signals to the fuel and ignition systems. It doesn't "trick" the ECM into doing anything -- it just reads the ECM data and uses it's own preset data to increase performance. Some will argue that it is a "Canned" tune but this is false as it still learns from the data it recieves from the sensors -- just as the ECM does.

Whether you chose the Jet module or get a tune is all up to you. These things do work -- my car is within the times of other tuned LE5 modded cars so that pretty well proves that. I still do like the fact that I have something tangible -- I can touch it and I can see it...and I can feel the difference in my car's performance.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I hate that you won't do paypal ktohio, I'm so anxious to get the chip and it's gonna take longer with money order :laugh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
cant wait to get mine!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.