Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Your prices are competitive...just gotta prove to the skeptics that these work.

Mine does -- Stage 1 (10708 ).

·
Registered
594 Posts
thats awesome that never enough auto carries the chips now.I did enjoy shopping at never enough auto,I will be back to order again soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just ordered my chip =) Hope to see it soon and enjoy the new ride. Picked up the stage 1 chip. Hope to get this 2.4L 'AUTO' lag diminished.

·
Registered
594 Posts
if you want the auto lag out,get the B&M shiftplus kit,I have that for my 2.2 auto and man it does the job.

·
Registered
178 Posts
anyone know if the shiftplus and jet module work together or does the jet do the same thing plus the other performance features?

·
Registered
594 Posts
well the shiftlplus you have to splice the auto transmission wiring.I don't have the jetchip to tell you if both work together.

·
Banned
384 Posts
im not 100% sure but i think they will work together.

the shiftplus works with the tranny and the jet chip works with the ecu.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They will work together. The Shift plus goes directly to the tranny electrical connector and works by directly controlling the autotranny's electric pressure regulator.

The Jet Chip Module won't affect it at all.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
So for the installation... does the chip replace anything or does is run along side what's already there?
The module plugs into the ECM -- you have to disconnect the battery, then unplug the correct connector on the ECM, plug in the module, plug the connector into the module, then reconnect the battery. I would also run an "erase" with a scan tool on the ECM OBD II port under the dash (to clear DTCs -- even if there aren't any) so the sensors start the "learn values" from the baseline.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
OK got ya. Ive cleared it before. those little scanners are handy when you throw a CEL, a lot easier than taking it to a shop and pay to fix what can be a 10 min job or even nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ahh so its kinda like a plug and play almost ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
the jet performance module and the trifecta are the same price,so its a toss up now:/

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Won't argue with you on this....it's a personal choice. Just remember the module can be unplugged and taken out.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Plus, it gives a decently agressive tune without the extensive knowledge required to do your own or pay someone.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Won't argue with you on this....it's a personal choice. Just remember the module can be unplugged and taken out.
I know that but its kind of a hard choice now heh,to bad jet performance will not let people try out their product to see if they like it though,that is the neat thing about it can be unplugged and taken out with no hassle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.