Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been driving around lately and ive noticed that the jump from 1st to 2nd is kinda rough, but the other gears are fine. Common charistic? it is an auto

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Any CEL's? Does it jump hard when you put it into gear (R or D)?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any CEL's? Does it jump hard when you put it into gear (R or D)?
nope. Its just when im comming from like a stop sign or a light or somthing. barely touching the petal it dosent do it, but under normal acceleration, it does. Maybe low on tranny fluid?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
mine seems to be fine. sucks how many people have these random problems

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Does your car make any type of clunking/jumping symptoms if you go from D to R, then back to D (repeat process if necessary). Reason I'm asking is that it may be a mount that went bad and not the tranny.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything anymore does seem to be shit, but thats the world we live in. Everyone is hungry for money. I was just wondering this stuff so i dont have big problems down the road. It still runs and drives [beat a riced out civic today :)] If it gets worse i guess ill just bring it back to the dealer. They gave me a 6 month 6k warrenty when i bought it.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Does your car make any type of clunking/jumping symptoms if you go from D to R, then back to D (repeat process if necessary). Reason I'm asking is that it may be a mount that went bad and not the tranny.
No it dosent jump from P to R or P to D. or any pattern. just 1st to 2nd.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would suggest my 2 cents worth. Probably a bad trans mount bushing that gave or possibly the shift solenoid has worn out of wack.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can get it to repeat it consistently then I would take it in. My tranny had stuff installed wrong from the factory so you never know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i can quite easily. Its very predictable, I have to go back to the dealer anyway, my back window defroster only defrosts half the window. haha. I called them about it and the only thing he said was the mounts or low tranny fluid. I guess we'll see then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apparenly this car devolops a memory to driving styles. My car was previously owned by a younger chick, so i think i figured out what happened. Lol, that and i was a little low on tranny fluid

·
Registered
289 Posts
i can quite easily. Its very predictable, I have to go back to the dealer anyway, my back window defroster only defrosts half the window. haha. I called them about it and the only thing he said was the mounts or low tranny fluid. I guess we'll see then.
& the verdict was??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.