Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 1239 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
You are a starange one Brian.
poop happens

When it comes to microphones what you need to watch out for is impedence mismatch. this can make your microphone sound thiny or vice versa boomy. If you don't have input impedance data best thing to do is try it.

For the OEM antenna you will need to purchase a connector and install it instead of OEM connector on antenna cable. I think somebody on here posted the info in one of his threads. I will try to find it for you.
thanks coby, I'm curious because the microphone that came with my radio picks up lots of background noise and I have tried adjustments to get rid of it. no luck.

Brian, i just rediscovered the thread tags at the bottom.
yeah boy!

Found it. Didn't think it was that long ago!!!

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/audio-video/29529-how-replace-factory-xm-tuner-aftermarket.html

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

He explains and even has part numbers for the connectors.
Thanks cony! I think I may have seen that actually.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

I'd rather use the factory xm antenna and the factory XM receiver that is under the deck though rather than swap like he did.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
He got a TC and moved to .net. Douche now, lol.
Hi there! :blink:

Well, I can agree that .net is still harsh, but when I go asking questions there I still get great info. But then again I know a lot and ask very technical questions that most of them dont have the answer to anyways other than John Powell himself... lol.:laugh:
bingo, .net is harsh if you ask generally "stupid" or "super basic" questions, but for super technical information and resources it pretty much cant be beat (not trying to nutswing the site either), but you dont see Powell or ZZP or any of the other "big hitters" here to ask for advice on things.. which when you just do basic things is fine, but once you get into more complex things (like tuning your own car), it just sucks...

I was just generalizing. He was all over the site when he had a base model. Got an SS and never came back. Maybe douche was extreme. I'll say turncoat instead. He went to the darkside and never came back.:sad2:
I was all over the site when it had decent ownership and I was new to the cobalt game IMO. Switching ownership from my LT to my SS just so happened to be right around this switch point of ownership on the site.. see above for further explanation as to why i treat this place as more of a "maybe read and no post" place now.. I dont have anything against base models (I still work on quite a few of them and its still fun), but I dont find all the "how do I paint my trim" and "does this ebay +50hp chip work" and threads worth my time to read anymore. Not to be arrogant or hate on any members here, but the knowledge base of the community just isnt up to par with what I find beneficial to me anymore. I've grown up and moved on to better things (no matter how "harsh" they can sometimes be).

Peace out YC :amuse:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi there! :blink:

bingo, .net is harsh if you ask generally "stupid" or "super basic" questions, but for super technical information and resources it pretty much cant be beat (not trying to nutswing the site either), but you dont see Powell or ZZP or any of the other "big hitters" here to ask for advice on things.. which when you just do basic things is fine, but once you get into more complex things (like tuning your own car), it just sucks...

I was all over the site when it had decent ownership and I was new to the cobalt game IMO. Switching ownership from my LT to my SS just so happened to be right around this switch point of ownership on the site.. see above for further explanation as to why i treat this place as more of a "maybe read and no post" place now.. I dont have anything against base models (I still work on quite a few of them and its still fun), but I dont find all the "how do I paint my trim" and "does this ebay +50hp chip work" and threads worth my time to read anymore. Not to be arrogant or hate on any members here, but the knowledge base of the community just isnt up to par with what I find beneficial to me anymore. I've grown up and moved on to better things (no matter how "harsh" they can sometimes be).

Peace out YC :amuse:
Yep. Came off as very arrogant. I stand by my first post now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
To change things up... Why does it take a week for free shipping of springs from ebay? lol. Spring compressors got here in 2 days :suspicious:

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Oh, because apparently car parts all come from California. Damn New York, you have messed me up again.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Might plastidip my cobalt to rid myself of the yellow. I'll let you guys know if I do it. Gotta practice on one of my junkyard cars first ;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I don't find his post arrogant...
Did you read it? He's to good for us know.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

All you guys defending him. Basically said this site is only informative if you want to paint trim or know about "chips". I think we provide a lot more info than that.

321 - 340 of 1239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.