·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's buying the first rounds...I think it should be agita_san! :laugh:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Woah! Sorry I'm late to the party, I just now got home! Lol Hell yeah, guys, first round is on me!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Where is the post count from may's random thread? I wanna see what all of my post whoring got me...

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thursday! I hate Thursday...better than Wednesday but not a good as Friday! LOL

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I burned myself off a wrench that was scolding from the torch yesterday REALLY bad :amazed:

I dropped a jack on my foot :nuts:

and after that I dropped the air gun on that same foot :sad2:

I could use some booze after that

I was a real clutz yesterday lol

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that man! I was lucky today. I had to work underneath the mechanic who, I swear to god, drops EVERYTHING! Center punch and small 1" socket? Long gone under the SSTG. Hytorq head? About 3 inches from my head. 2/3/8 socket that goes with the hytorq? About 2 inches from my head, about 3 or 4 times. The Aluminum plates we were reacting off of? Same thing.

I swear every single tool we were working with dropped...lol

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a Tool Dictionary to help you guys use those tools more effectively!

Tool Dictionary

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted fender which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh sh*t!'

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age.

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

WELDING GLOVES: Heavy duty leather gloves used to prolong the conduction of intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub you want the bearing race out of.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG YELLOW PINE 2X4: Used for levering an automobile upward off of a trapped hydraulic jack handle.

E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby ending any possible future use.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

CRAFTSMAN 1/2 x 24-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A very large pry bar that inexplicably has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end opposite the handle.

AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids and for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

DAMMIT TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'DAMMIT' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
What do you do for A living?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Its ****ing storming here in hawaii again :( I'm at work and I have one thing I need to do for the day but I gotta walk all the way around to the other side of the drydock to do it and I forgot my raincoat :(

·
Registered
505 Posts
^^Sucks brah. I'm watching my Tsudo exhaust on UPS getting delivered. Been watching it since yesterday morning and its already in Kansas. One state away, but it says I wont get it until later Tuesday evening. Maybe I can have the UPS here in town hold it for me and I can pick it up later this weekend.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's a freakin 55lb box lol. Hope they don't deliver it tomorrow. Gotta work all day n don't want it sittin out front

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Tru that! Sometimes I wish they would just leave the packages sometimes...the mailman comes before I get off work and the post office closes just a little after I get off of work so I always have to take time off work to pick up packages :(

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Here's a Tool Dictionary to help you guys use those tools more effectively!

Tool Dictionary

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted fender which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, 'Oh sh*t!'

ELECTRIC HAND DRILL: Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age.

SKILL SAW: A portable cutting tool used to make studs too short.

PLIERS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE-GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

WELDING GLOVES: Heavy duty leather gloves used to prolong the conduction of intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for lighting various flammable objects in your shop on fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub you want the bearing race out of.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity.

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

EIGHT-FOOT LONG YELLOW PINE 2X4: Used for levering an automobile upward off of a trapped hydraulic jack handle.

E-Z OUT BOLT AND STUD EXTRACTOR: A tool ten times harder than any known drill bit that snaps neatly off in bolt holes thereby ending any possible future use.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut good aluminum sheet into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash can after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

CRAFTSMAN 1/2 x 24-INCH SCREWDRIVER: A very large pry bar that inexplicably has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end opposite the handle.

AVIATION METAL SNIPS: See hacksaw.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids and for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

HOSE CUTTER: A tool used to make hoses too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.

MECHANIC'S KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use.

DAMMIT TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'DAMMIT' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.
Also is a very handy tool for smashing mechanics' hands. Recently saw someone lose their finger at work while trying to sledge hammer a wrench...:nuts:

And wire wheels are almost as stress relieving as bubble wrap! Nothing like sitting down and pulling all of the loose wires out of your clothes, your arms, your neck, your hair, your face and your pants after a long day at work!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Also, when does the next YCOTM contest go up?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What do you do for A living?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Its ****ing storming here in hawaii again :( I'm at work and I have one thing I need to do for the day but I gotta walk all the way around to the other side of the drydock to do it and I forgot my raincoat :(
Machinist for GE

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Coolness! I'm a marine machinist mechanic at pearl harbor naval shipyard...More mechanic than machinist tho

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

My car wit zee ol timey jet plane :D

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool pic! I want to get a shot of my Mustang beside a P-51 sometime! Maybe at the air show this year! :bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.