Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas i have a question how do i get out of having to go to jury duty in md i mean i cant do it id be getting no sleep i work at night till morning 10 pm to 6 am and same the next day im a security guard does any one know how to get out of it please help..:'(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It's your duty to go to the selection process. It doesn't mean you will be selected.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
What banker said, when I had jury duty I saw a lot of people doing it.

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not sure about your state, but in MN you can defer your service for up to two months, usually for things that cannot be rearranged or that cause undue hardship. By law, your employer must accommodate your service, however they do not have to pay you. Yeah, it sucks going and getting paid $10 per day, but it's better than getting sent to jail for skipping out. And they will.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im getting paid for working regardless cause im not missing work il just suck it up and do it n miss sleep blah ima be crazy tired any body know how long itll last if they dont pick me? One time deal?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
When I went last year I was there 3 days before being dismissed. Basically I showed up at 8am and sat in a big room full of people until 4 pm each day. It was awful (but you can sleep I guess). If you get called for selection, they put you in a courtroom and ask you questions and may or may not pick you for a case.

Whether they pick or not, you get sent back down to the juror pool and the cycle begins again until your 2-weeks is up. In my case, I got lucky and they didn't need any more jurors for my term.

Have you tried to go on call-in status? You usually call in twice a day and they tell you if you have to report to the waiting room. Once you have to report, you're stuck going in each day.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not gotten any call from any 1 i didnt the questionare and its one week before the trial thing for it..

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

I was gonna call in the morning and ask them if i can be excuse cause my work schedule and my work..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.