Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought u guys might want to know there is this town about an hour north of charlotte,NC that has a street that is legal for racing. Not a track but a street. My buddy told me about it but i forgot the name of the town ill ask him and let u know if anyones interested. His bro took his eclipse up there and raced. I think it starts up again in the spring ill get the details and let u guys know.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lemme guess the address of one of the businessess on the street,

123 Fake st.

I have never heard such a thing as street racing that was legal........

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have heard of places doing this to cut back on racing but it is in a controlled envoronment. so.... its possible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i talked to my buddy and the name of the town is oakboro. It doesnt start back up untill march. He said that the racers went to the mayor and somehow got the town to make it legal on one of their streets. I dont know which street but apparently it is a pretty fun place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No guys..... I live 5 minutes from Oakboro, they dont use the street to street race, they use it for burnout contests. It is a side road behind the fire department that has a concrete pad that was specifically poured to do burnouts on. very fun to go watch because they have a lot of old camaros mustangs chargers etc on tap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.