Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is what I allow and don't allow in my car...

DON'T
  • No eating / drinking / smoking...ANYTHING.
  • No Animals of any kind (that includes some people).
  • No messing with my radio.
  • No messing with my A/C.
  • No touching the outside of the car (and be very gentle with the handle).
  • No putting ANYTHING in the trunk. If you need something large carried, call someone else.
  • No slamming doors. Do this once, I will never drive you anywhere ever again.
  • No annoying me while I drive. This includes unnecessary movements, gestures, or noises.
  • No going through my center console or glovebox. Why would there be anything for you in there?
  • No giving directions. I don't like main roads. I stay off of them as much as possible.
  • No telling me I'm going the wrong way -- I'm just going the long way.
  • No suggestions, be it music, activity, or who to see. You're along for the ride.
  • No complaining. You asked for a ride, enjoy it.
  • No worrying. I'm in control of the vehicle.
  • No moving my armrest. It's mine. Just stay off of it.
  • No more than 2 male passengers. No more than 3 female. Max of 3 passengers.
  • No asking me to "pick up your friend". I'm not a taxi.
  • No putting me on the phone or asking me to text someone. I'm driving.
  • No asking to drive my car. This will be done my pre-approval on an individual basis (mainly, you must know how to drive stick).
  • No asking me to "teach you stick" in the Balt. You learn in the Beetle.
  • No set plans. I don't follow any set schedules. I'm on my own time.
  • No over-using the "oh shit" handle.
  • No using the laundry hooks in the back as "oh shit" handles. They will break.
  • No questionable behaviour. (No sex, nudity, riding with no seatbelt, or changing seats. No arguing, fighting, screaming. No drugs).
  • No telling "stories" to other people. You're in it for the adventure, don't share it with others. These lead to rumors, which can lead to trouble. Just because I drove sideways around a corner with you doesn't mean the whole school needs to know. I hate having people I barely know ask if "they can ride". I'm not a roller coaster. You don't wait in line.
  • No last minute "I need a ride" calls. I'm usually doing something else. Rides are by pre-approval only. the rule of thumb is to ask me an hour before you need a ride. I might be able to free up some time.
And most importantly:

• No commenting / questioning my driving. I learned to drive when I was seven (on a tractor). I learned how to drive a manual transmission car when I was nine. I know what I'm doing. Chances are, you don't. Shut the ʞɔnɟ up.

DO

• Have a good time.
  • Wear your seatbelt. Always. I don't start the engine until passengers are buckled in.
  • Have polite conversations.
  • Comment on other drivers / pedestrians. Some ǝɥɔnop in an M3 cuts us off, I'll be cussing up a storm. Join in.
  • Hold on.

Follow these rules, and you might get to experience it again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ass part would dirty my seats tho.. haha

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hahaah i was gonna say that but idno how ppl felt about that stuff ya know? especially since he said no drugs

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only if its outside the car right? haha

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
No annoying me while I drive. This includes unnecessary movements, gestures, or noises.
Guess I could never get a ride in your balt then. I have ADHD I can't sit still for too long :laugh:
No more than 3 female.
... errr no comment lol you can certainly fit more than 3 chicks... unless you know fat chicks :blink:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I don't have many rules except NO smoking, you can eat but DO NOT get anything anywhere! Or YOUR cleaning it! I try not to eat in the car too much to avoid this issue. That's pretty much it really. The passenger in the passenger seat I usually use them as my "co pilot" they have control of the radio/ipod and answering my cell phone. Oh yeah and definitely NO drugs! I also make it perfectly clear that I am not a taxi, and if they're going to use me like that they better damn well give me gas money then, but I'm still not gonna drive them everywhere! And it's only ass (I have an emergency blanket in the trunk that I can use to put down on the seats lulz!) and gas for me! lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some of my rules can be bent though. I allow the girlfriend to bend them...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.