Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm a proud new member of the Cobalt fan club/cult. Been wanting one of these for a very long time now. I purchased a 95% mechanically sound 2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged for dirty cheap (everything checked out, the guy just really needed to sell it). However, the vehicle has a lot of minor issues, all of which are DIY challenges. I'm a hands-on kind of guy but very new to this car and all these things -- e.g. broken seat heater, missing fog lamp, scuffed up leather.
I have 3 months to work on this car until I get super busy (February 2016) so I have the time and patience to work hard at this car. It's gonna be my baby. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Peace!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I only have one, if it has first version of timing chain tensioner swap for the new version (The one with the bump on the head) because once the timing chain jumps it's too late and very costly to repair. Use synthetic if you're going to go by the oil monitor otherwise change it every 3000 miles or twice a year which ever comes first. Fog lights are cheap and easy to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.