Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....

Just bought an 2009 LT Coupe for a commuter car. I dont plan on making any mods or anything just wanted to say hi. I love these forums, I use them on my other modded truck. 2007 Dodge Ram 4X4 QC. Its a Procharged Hemi at 6psi.

My job is moving to an hour away so a two hour commute 5 days a week wont cut it on a 12mpg premium fuel truck. Hence the Cobalt purchase.

Got it for 13500.00 new. Could not get it any cheaper than that and I worked on it for a week or so.

Is there anything to look out for on these?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 1LT 5spd manual so I guess I wont have the ignition sticking problems you speak of. What is the "ignition sticking"?

1LT, 5spd manual, rear spoiler, spare is all I got w/black interor and imperial blue ext. I did not want any other options. The sunroof and alloy wheels would have been nice but I can always by alloys later.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Only real problems ive heard about that "alot" of cobalts have is the shitty rotors. They get warped real easily. But i guess if your doing mostly highway driving it shouldnt be to bad. Just dont drive it like a nascar

as for the ingition stickying, it happens in pretty muc every auto transmission. Its when you shut your car off and go to pull the key out, but it wont budg. This is because something is wrong with theshift, you wither have to pump the brake or press the button onthe shifter then itll come out.
oh and gruise control is your best friend, on the highway i getabout 30mpg without cruise control, i get 46 with cruise control.

·
Registered
319 Posts
welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.