Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been working some extra hours for a little fun money and just ordered some LED tails from Dash-Z. I couldn't really find any product reviews on them, but they look pretty sweet. I really like how they retain the stock look on the outside, but mimic the coupe LED pattern on the inside. Maybe I have coupe envy...

After I put them in, if they look as good as I hope I'll probably sell off my LED bulbs and resistors that I've been running in the stockers. Maybe someone on here would want them? They're wicked bright.

Pics to come...

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
If you have reverses I will come to your door and pick them up!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
in for pics, i need to get rid of these stock sedan tails they're horrid

sub'd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
lol, you can pick them up if you come out next year!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the stock pick of what I bought. I'm crossing my fingers that they fit right.

Black, sorry, no reverse! It was on my to-do list. I just have the tails. They're the 3157's, 45-LED tower bulbs.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I got LED tails already, just want the reverse and DRL's now! Post pics when you install

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
With the stock parts I have and soon to be replaced aftermarket I should start a store!!

No, Strato and I live in the same area so I was just saying if you were in MN we could stop by his place!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I thought you were kidding about the HID reverse lights!!! Clicking on link now!!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Here's the stock pick of what I bought. I'm crossing my fingers that they fit right.

Black, sorry, no reverse! It was on my to-do list. I just have the tails. They're the 3157's, 45-LED tower bulbs.
Those look nice, im definitely in for pics!! what was the price tag on them?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Mine were 120 can't imagine much different.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These were $187 before shipping. I was looking at doing the IPCW's, but they are a bit too busy and I don't like the LED pattern. They should hopefully come by next Friday, so pics could come as soon as Saturday.

Black, it's cool having someone here in town. I should check out your ride sometime if I'm down in your neck of the metro.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
We need to just ride some weekend and show off our baller balts.. So I saw a four door today and noticed the reverse lights are in the same housing as the tail lights. Where are your reverse lights? Those new ones don't look like they have them.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, got a mysterious refund today from Dash-Z, followed by an email stating that they were out of stock. You'd think it would take less than 3 business days to tell me that. The best part, it will take several days to credit my account.

Back to square one... I want replacement tails, just not the IPCW ones.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wow! That sucks. Maybe it wasn't ment to be

If I were a savy business owner I would keep your money and email you saying, here's a free $10 gift code you can use on anything at my store.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I shot them an email and they gave me a real quick "it won't be in stock for a while" response. Seems like their business model needs some fine tuning.

I am looking around and it seems as if that particular model is being discontinued. There may be some floating around, so it's just a matter of putting on my thinking cap!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'd do some serious ebay research. Maybe andy's auto still has them or car ID?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Black, so I checked around today and made some calls. Apparently Dash-Z and a lot of other places around the web have identical looking knock-offs of the Anzo's. Every company I spoke with said their product has been discontinued.

Anyway, I left a message with Anzo asking if their 2012 catalog is correct and that they are currently in production. Looks promising. So far Jegs and Summit are the only place I can find the real ones. Only drawback is the $375 tag. So now I ask: buy the IPCW blacked out ones for 40% less or get the ones that look killer?

Decisions...

·
Registered
353 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.