Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately i have been thinking a lot about my sister. This is her

Ain't she beautiful.

She was a great person. had an awesome boyfriend. and loved animals.

^^ thats her and her BF(shortly after was called husband)

Her BF proposed while they were on a cruise to puerto rico!! he's a great guy. well shortly after that in june of 08 she was diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer called Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma. in three short months this is what it did to her

^shortly after they removed the tumors they found

July fourth weekend in Vermont^

and in three short months she looked like this

Even being that sick she still stayed strong and smiled!!!!

Then after being diagnosed on June 8th 2008. three months and ten days later she passes away.

^that was what she looked like the night before she died.

i'm telling ya'll this story not to make people sad or to gain sympathy but to simply share what kind of women she was and to show that life is to short. she was only 22 about to turn 23 when this happened. you cannot take life for granted and shouldn't hold petty grudges and tell your loved ones how you feel each and every day! My sister was the absolute best person i have ever met. she will be in my thoughts and heart forever!!!!! if you wanna know more about her just google her full name and look for the washington post article that was written about her. trust me you'll find it. RIP Nicole Antonette Geary 11/16/85-09/18/08. Gone but not Forgotten. And i apologize if this makes anyone really sad or cry or offends anyone. i just felt like sharing this story with people who haven't heard it before or have never had to deal with a loved one who has lost a battle with cancer.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hi fullmetal. thanks for sharing. really. i can't even begin to imagine what being in your shoes was like.

i know another girl that was around your sister's age when she was diagnosed with colon cancer, and this was 2 weeks before she was to get married. her husband really helped her stay strong and she battled the cancer for awhile, but it claimed her life in the end as well. her story tho is what made me start taking part in walk for life each year. and i know that she inspired thousands of people through her blog. so her mark is still showing in the lives of many people, as does the impression your sister left in you and all who knew her.

i'm really sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hey Cody... I know we already talked about this earlier today, but like I said, I just now got on here to look. I'm glad you posted this & that you like to remind ppl how precious life is. Most people, myself included, never really think about life ending, or being sick, or anything like that. Me & my sister are super close, she's my best friend by far & I'd hate to lose her... if she reads this, I'll deny I typed this tho. HAHAHA... but anyways, I'm so sorry for your & your family's loss, but I'm glad you've pulled thru it w/ a smile for her...

:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Sorry to hear...I'm glad you posted it though...

I lost my father in 06...he was 56 (he didn't see me buy my first house, first new car, get married, have children, etc.), a year and a half later, my wife and I had our first child....Abigail Rose...she was born with HLHS on 7/19/07, she passed away on 7/20...21 hours after birth. A week later, I lost my grandfather.

Life is WAY too short...make the most of it and as you said...tell those around you that you care about them and what they mean to you. I didn't get to tell my dad some of the things I wish I could have.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Im sorry for your lose, prayers go out to you and your family. I had a very close family friend of mine pass away last year right before christmas time. He was 22, he died in his sleep, and turns out he had a rare heart condition that no doctor was abl to pick up on. It may not seem fair but i am a firm believer in everything happens fora reason. Yes i was extremly sad at this lose, but you gotta look on the bright side. May your siter rest in peace fullmetalcobalt. And like you said, it made alot of people realize, dont take life for granted, your lucky enough to be blessed with a life.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Losing a sister is very hard thing for a man to deal with, and the only thing you can do to help at all is to try and find some sort of meaning in it. If the courage your sister showed and the way she lived can inspire others to cherish their own lives more then there is meaning. Nicole passed almost one month to the day after Anna (my sister) did. I think it will always make this time of year hard, but there is a balance, a life lived to remember, lessons to share, and a love that never dies.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry to hear...I'm glad you posted it though...

I lost my father in 06...he was 56 (he didn't see me buy my first house, first new car, get married, have children, etc.), a year and a half later, my wife and I had our first child....Abigail Rose...she was born with HLHS on 7/19/07, she passed away on 7/20...21 hours after birth. A week later, I lost my grandfather.

Life is WAY too short...make the most of it and as you said...tell those around you that you care about them and what they mean to you. I didn't get to tell my dad some of the things I wish I could have.
Sorry to hear about your loss ,my prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss . my prayers are with and your family .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I offer my deepest condolences, I'm sorry life took this course. I too have a similar situation, my mother at age 53 was diagnosed with breast cancer on new years eve of this year. We have watched her change through the months, both physically and emotionally. We have tried to keep her head out of the water, and after many complications (cancer spreading to her bones/ ovaries)- we are at september and she is looking great. Cancer is a b****, nothing else to say- just pray that you or your loved ones never get it throughout their lives.

May your sister rest in peace.

Tom.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
very sorry to hear about that man, just shows life is not worth alot of things other than loving the ones you know and being a great person. More people need reminders of this day in and day out. Having something like this happen to you or someone you know really changes your perspective on things, I know this first hand it did for me. Prayers go out to you Cody and your family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.