Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had recently as some here know. A new ignition lock cylinder installed, since the old one decided to quit working. This is a very well known TSB for a lot of GM vehicles now at days. I have only owned the balt for about 3 weeks now and was concerned with GM's products and how horrible this particular was designed.

I made a few phone calls after a $295 bill was paid in order for me to drive once again. No warranty covered this item and GM HQ customer service was on a burden for hearing an disgruntled new GM vehicle owner. So, they returned my phone call this morning, asked me where I got the vehicle serviced, the names of the managers and service advisor, how much the labor and parts came up to, and if any warranty was addressed from the dealership.

GM HQ will be returning a phone call in a few hours after they have made contact with the Chevy Dealership whom serviced my cobalt. They also have a high volumed telephone calls about this TSB not only on cobalts, but HHR's, Impala's, Pontiac G5's, G6's, and Cruze's. So be on the lookout if this problem arises onto your vehicle and you might be able to get some compensation for the labor charges or maybe more.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
...wasn't this already a recall?

Pretty sure I got mine changed with my power steering pump under recall a month or so back.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not a recalled item, just a highly rated TSB. I did not get a call back from GM, so I have Peter as the representative and will be calling tomorrow morning to follow up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Your car doesnt have a power steering pump..Its a big electric motor on the steering column that assists you turning it
my mistake..."power steering motor". either way, it aids in facilitating steering and was a recall. The part I was referring to was another recall that had something to do with the ignition. I believe it was the ignition cylinder but i can't remember exactly off the top of my head. It was a recall for me anyways. But I'm assuming the OP is talking about a different part since he's paying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.