Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I couldn't get a solid answer of whether or not the switchback bulbs worked in canadian cars that use the DRL's as the turn signal as well. Some said yes, the dealer said no, no I just got some and this is what happened.

I have resistors on the line since theyre LED bulbs. I wasn't expecting much from these "projector" bulbs but was really surprised when they practically blinded me when I popped them in. The light output is equivalent to the low beams!! The switchback function works great as well. Pure white (6000k) when driving, then switches to amber when the turn signal is on.

On to the pics!

Before - With deep orange LED bulbs

After with the DRL's on

The bulbs - Switchback on the left & Chinese LED on the right

I'm not gunna bother posting a video of it unless someone really wants one. Theres a bunch on youtube.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thats pretty sweet! Where did you get them, what brand are they and could you get a different relay instead of putting resistors inline?? Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put them in last night so I'll take some pics after work today. I really want retrofits with HID's now to complete the look!

I got them on ebay. Like I said, I was incredibly sceptical but they work exactly as described and the light output is unreal!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/380382155613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I have NO IDEA why the price is so insane right now. I think its an error and theyre supposed to be $49. I got mine for $56 shipped to canada. And I bought a 4pk of weatherproof resistors for $7

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pretty sure its an error, just send him a message.
A $5 price reduction makes a lot more sense than a $400 price increase :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Supply and demand, demand goes up price goes up. Where there's a buck to be made a buck will be made.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Supply and demand, demand goes up price goes up. Where there's a buck to be made a buck will be made.
He messaged me back and thats exactly what he said. Supply is low and its popular and thats why the price went up.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So just wait a while the Chinese will come out with a clone cheaper and better.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He messaged me back and thats exactly what he said. Supply is low and its popular and thats why the price went up.
Thats.....

Insane.....

I debated for a month getting them at $50 but no way in hell are they worth $450!!! Not even $100

·
Registered
350 Posts
What if you just go to their website and order them? They aren't charging such a ridiculous price there. 3157 3457 4157 High Power Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

It's kinda hard to tell with the pictures, but does any of that light reflect in the reflector at all? I mainly just want brighter parking lights so I can just have a little bit more light above the cutoff of my HID projectors and to the immediate sides, but still not blind oncoming traffic or the slowpoke in front of me.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great find on their website! That's the price I paid on ebay (plus shipping)

no light on the reflectors, being projectors they only project the light forward through the lens. i'll have to do some tests at night to see how blinding they are, if at all. But they are far brighter than the OEM parking lights.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What if you just go to their website and order them? They aren't charging such a ridiculous price there. 3157 3457 4157 High Power Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs

It's kinda hard to tell with the pictures, but does any of that light reflect in the reflector at all? I mainly just want brighter parking lights so I can just have a little bit more light above the cutoff of my HID projectors and to the immediate sides, but still not blind oncoming traffic or the slowpoke in front of me.
Genius!

I just ordered some.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.