Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the lowering springs!.. cant wait to get them!~!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Congrats. Who did you order them from. Just curious

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cobalt addiction cause they are like 5min away and im gunna pick them up soo i dont have to pay for shipping

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
you lucky you only 5 minutes away. im about 1 hour ha ha

congrats on the springs, which ones did you get.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eibach sport.. cant wait to get them installed

·
Registered
720 Posts
You should order some steering rack spacers from OTT to install at the same time as the springs...that way you don't have to get multiple alignments. And, no, you don't need the spacers, but I'll tell you they will make your car happy...no bump steer and less stress on stuff in there because of the drop. I have some, but I haven't installed them yet...don't want to pay for another alignment.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I didnt know Cobalt Addiction is located up here in N.Y.

·
Registered
678 Posts
how hard is the install?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Not that bad if you are mechanically inclined, have the right tools and maybe a good friend to help you out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not that bad if you are mechanically inclined, have the right tools and maybe a good friend to help you out.
and if your not? lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Then take it to a shop to have them istalled. The dangers of a rookie using a spring compressor alone is enough to kill ya.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Then take it to a shop to have them istalled. The dangers of a rookie using a spring compressor alone is enough to kill ya.
and im assuming that'd be expensive and havin someone else do it takes all the fun out of the mod

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yeppp unless you have a friend who can help and knows how to do it. The rear springs are easy as cake though... i do believe there is a DIY on here if you wanna give it a shot. i have some pics of me doing mine and my budd'ys the same day.

·
Registered
678 Posts
that'd b cool. i kinda wanna do it, i like the dropped look

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.