Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
sweet!!! I want to get an sparco wheel too but I'm afraid to lose my factory settings like cruise control and have never changed and aftermarket wheel!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
well I've came up with a way already but it involves drilling soldering and replacing switches and it's a big pain in the ass :notrust:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Eliminating the airbag in many places is VERY illegal as you are removing a SAFETY device, and if you do happen to wreck the car and turn it in to insurance, well, you may have to find another company next term. Saw it happen to a guy who thought he knew everything ab out vehicles, removed airbag, got in a wreck(his fault, street racing) and combo of the street racing and removing the safety equipment next term he was looking for a new insurance carrier. Not to mention the $500 fine from the airbag removal itself, in addition to all the others I think he lost about $4k on that night in addition to his car. The cops nitpicked what was left of the car.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep, cops havent given me crap yet though. its been like 6 months no bag. and ive been pulled over for my exhaust a few times since then. no mentioning of the airbag. this mod is CERTAINLY not for everyone. i'm willing to deal with the consequences if god forbid it does happen.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.