Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a year of walking around with my 2G iPhone with cracked screen, I made my way over to the apple store. Someone stepped on my 2g iphone a while back while I was at work. Thankfully, work paid for my replacement since it happened on the clock. Surprisingly enough the phone worked just fine with a cracked screen.. There were just a few blemishes on the screen but the touch screen still worked fine.

I know some people don't like the iphones and thats cool. I happen to like it and the 3gs is supposed to be a nice upgrade from the original.

I enjoy my applications.. I have the Directv one so I can search/record shows from the iphone.. and I always enjoy my Texas Holdem app while I drop a deuce at work :)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Nice, would not mind a phone that had all that stuff to keep me occupied while bored at work but not yet. I have a crappy LG Rumor, the one that shuts off all the time, even if you turn it back on it likes to go back off and some other crap but its does what I need usually lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Nice, would not mind a phone that had all that stuff to keep me occupied while bored at work but not yet. I have a crappy LG Rumor, the one that shuts off all the time, even if you turn it back on it likes to go back off and some other crap but its does what I need usually lol
x2. i hate it too lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
lol my LG shine does that. It has little streaks of a week where it always shuts off, then its good for two, then does it again lol I would like an iPhone but not at the price they sell them. Does anyone know where I could get a cheap refurb? Maybe even pick up one with a cracked screen and fix it myself. I replaced things in my iPod as they break, can't imagine an iPhone is an unsolvable puzzle.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ipones are great phones I had hard time to choose betwen IPHONE 3G and Blackberry Storm and I got Blackberry Storm just becouse there are alot people with IPHONES already so I dont wanted to be like evrybary else. I love my storm tho

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Ipones are great phones I had hard time to choose betwen IPHONE 3G and Blackberry Storm and I got Blackberry Storm just becouse there are alot people with IPHONES already so I dont wanted to be like evrybary else. I love my storm tho
which is why I'd get something like the LG Vu. Yeah its an iPhone wanna be, but it's still a decent phone, and it's different.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
which is why I'd get something like the LG Vu. Yeah its an iPhone wanna be, but it's still a decent phone, and it's different.
Doesnt do a quarter of what the iPhone can do! Apps are endless on this thing :bigsmile:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
true I'd want to have dynolicious and some of the other mad cool shit the even the current nano does lol
Yeah man. It comes in handy mainly for finding stores, places, restaurants and whatnot. I <3 Yellowpages apps. :)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I do not see the sense in spending over 200 on a phone, that money is put to good use somewhere else. I just get bored on the net in a matter of 20 mins or less on my laptop even if I missed a couple days online so something that is uber awesome for web browsing and what not that goes in your pocket isn't something I can bring myself to spend the money on. Just need something to so I can text quick, and call on. Yea as I said be nice to have something like an iphone to keep myself unbored at work but not 200+ bored haha

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I do not see the sense in spending over 200 on a phone, that money is put to good use somewhere else. I just get bored on the net in a matter of 20 mins or less on my laptop even if I missed a couple days online so something that is uber awesome for web browsing and what not that goes in your pocket isn't something I can bring myself to spend the money on. Just need something to so I can text quick, and call on. Yea as I said be nice to have something like an iphone to keep myself unbored at work but not 200+ bored haha
which is why I dont have one yet. If i can get something similar for free or <$50 then I'll do that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Iphones are nice...I had a 2g for a week..bought it used to resell...unfortunately I only made a $25 profit...they were going for $220 left and right on ebay in the same condition as the one I was selling, but mine only sold for $190. Was really hoping for about $50 more than I paid...anyway...I have a Samsung Jack and it's OK, but I'm in the process of getting rid of it in favor of a BlackBerry Bold. Someone is willing to trade me their Bold for $125 plus a 60gig Xbox 360 HD. Then I can sell my Samsung Jack for a profit (didn't pay much for it and I have someone willing to give me a BlackBerry Pearl and $100 for it...I paid $100 new).

I would only want a 3G or 3Gs Iphone though...and it would have to be unlocked even though I'm on AT&T...won't pay $30 a month for data...did that when I had a BB Pearl before and it's too expensive...my wife and I wind up spending almost $200 a month for our service. Forget it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i use my phone to call people, and send the occasional text. Thats all i need lol.

These new phones are ****in nuts. Do you really need to be able to play a simulation of a guitar on your phone, or whack a mole?

·
Registered
720 Posts
No, but I like having my computer at my fingertips anywhere I go.

As for the unlocked phone with free data, no, but I just don't need a data plan that way...saves money and I can use the wifi still.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.