Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just two weeks ago I had my struts resolved by a mechanic and I replaced my sway bar links. Car was quiet going over bumps. Now took the car back to the mechanic to have him swap out my doors and the car is very loud when turning left and right as well as going over bumps. On highway there is a little vibration in the steering wheel as well.

I torqued my tires earlier to make sure it was not the tires. Just don’t get how the car is making such noise after it was worked on.
Swapped 2008 doors on my 2005 noticed that the passenger door did not have a lock cylinder when did they start doing that?

Edit: Sounds like my sway bar links again did they loosen?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Could they loosen...YES...if they weren’t torque properly.... there are several places to search for the clunk,pop, grone, knock.
Please, I hate to guess what your poasting abourmand how WELL USED your Cobalt is.

And help me with “resolved by a mechanic? What did they charge you for and what is their return policy if it fails?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd suggest reviewing the amount of play the tie rod ends have. I literally just got over this same issue with my 07. Of course I wasted money getting an alignment before replacing the tie rod ends, don't be this /\ guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts