Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. You all have a very impressive forum. Glad to find it. I've done alittle reading on some of the forum topics and have determined that I am amoung a massive abundance of knowlege and wisdom and overall a great bunch of people.

Well, I don't have any mods. Just have the stock 2008 Black Cobalt LS, with rear tinted windows. Would like to get a spoiler for the rear deck but cash is tight. Continental (crap tires) have worn out at 25,000 miles. I really need to get another set of tires. Unemployed so I don't have much money. I may have to settle for Walmart Douglas tires. I have found that the stock tire size is higher priced on some brands of tires, but the 205/70/15 size is lower priced than stock. What do you all think, could I use a 205/70/15 tire in place of the stock 195/60/15 tire without any issue of clearance. The speedo may be out just slightly, but that doesn't really bother me. 50 bucks a tire is really about all I can afford right now.

Thanks, FOBUD. (Fat, Old, Bald, Ugly, Dumb)

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Hey there, welcome to yourcobalt.com and thanks for joining! I know that you won't have any clearance issues...but that tire size is pushin it on a stock rim....just sayin.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Hey everyone. You all have a very impressive forum. Glad to find it. I've done alittle reading on some of the forum topics and have determined that I am amoung a massive abundance of knowlege and wisdom and overall a great bunch of people.

Well, I don't have any mods. Just have the stock 2008 Black Cobalt LS, with rear tinted windows. Would like to get a spoiler for the rear deck but cash is tight. Continental (crap tires) have worn out at 25,000 miles. I really need to get another set of tires. Unemployed so I don't have much money. I may have to settle for Walmart Douglas tires. I have found that the stock tire size is higher priced on some brands of tires, but the 205/70/15 size is lower priced than stock. What do you all think, could I use a 205/70/15 tire in place of the stock 195/60/15 tire without any issue of clearance. The speedo may be out just slightly, but that doesn't really bother me. 50 bucks a tire is really about all I can afford right now.

Thanks, FOBUD. (Fat, Old, Bald, Ugly, Dumb)
tires are one thing I would never go cheap one, but I guess cheap new tires are better than keeping bald tires. But yeah 205/70/15 should fit but I bet it will throw the speedo off like other people said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.