Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i no longer have my silver 05 ls, that car went to my sister but it's ok though cause i wennt to the dealership and picked up my 07 ss/sc and i must say i love it

·
Registered
869 Posts
Lucky. I wanted the SC more than anything, but my parents wouldnt allow anything they considered "fast". As soon as they heard the word supercharger they said hell no. The SS/NA was the best i could do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lucky. I wanted the SC more than anything, but my parents wouldnt allow anything they considered "fast". As soon as they heard the word supercharger they said hell no. The SS/NA was the best i could do.
yea, my dad was scared that i would mess up his credit due to missing payments. i had no credit at the time and didn't want to pay huge interest rates, so having him cosign was the only way to get a good interest rate with decently low payments. not to mention i've had a steady job for 2 years now. been promoted once and up for a raise this month. now i only have 29 months to go until i own my balt.

anyway, congrats on the new SS.

·
Registered
594 Posts
credit starts to mess up after a month or so,I missed my payment before,but it takes a long time for them to even reach the credit reporters.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The only reason I even have a Cobalt is I wanted to get a car in my name (1st car I've ever bought from a dealer). My credit was crappy, so I had the choice between very few cars. I'm building my credit while having fun with this 2.2. When I hit 25 (May of 2009), my insurance will go down on any car. That's when I'm trading in my Cobalt for something else. I don't know what yet.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Congrats man i would have waited a few more months tho and got the TC

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea but in my minds eye later down the road thee ss/sc might be worth some money, if said car is taken care of, cause they were only around for 2 years if not oh well i still love it

·
Registered
869 Posts
yea but in my minds eye later down the road thee ss/sc might be worth some money, if said car is taken care of, cause they were only around for 2 years if not oh well i still love it
Thats actually a pretty good question to raise. Who thinks the SS/SC is going to be a classic in 20-30 years? I wouldnt be surprised, considering it was an instantly popular car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
eh i dont know how much of a classic they really will be ...they might hold some sort of value who knows

·
Registered
673 Posts
NO, they won't be worth anything later down the road. They made thousands of them so they aren't really limited production, they really aren't that sought after now. I mean outside of a few base model cobalt owners no one is really longing for an SS/SC.

If you take a look back at cars that are worth a lot not they are limited production cars that lots of people wanted when they were younger. Probably the cars that are made now that will be worth something down the road are you Vipers, Vetter, and the high end Mustangs (GT500) and Camaros (SS). Of course exotics are also a safe bet. The cars that become worth a lot are the cars people can't have because they are out of their price range. 20k is not a lot for a car for someone whose out of school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.