Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all! I'm a very old (65) guy, and I just purchased a brand new 2009 Cobalt LS. It's the absolute base model with NO options. It's white color and light grey interior. It really looks great. I won't bother you with a long story (i'm old but they tell me that i'am not senile yet :confused:), but here are the reasons I got this Cobalt:

1) Patriotism - yes, I think that we should all show some more faith in the US/Canada made products, and buy more of them. Although, I must tell you, I did seriously look into Honda Civic.

2) My existing car was a Chevy Impala 1980. Local GM dealer gave me $1000 off Cobalt for it. After 30 years, this Impala only had a water pump changed (I did it myself - total cost $29). and it still was running like a charm. WHO says GM doesn't make good quality cars ??? But it was rusting badly and it needed to go (boy, was I sad to let it go...:sad:).

3) The Chevy dealer gave me such a low price (I didn't even need to bargain), that I just couldn't resist.

So there you have it. The new Cobalt arrived yesterday and it drives and looks great.

Just to note that "you can teach an old dog a new trick" : I never in my life have driven a stick shift. After 1/2 hour with my neighbour's help I was up and running. Stalled it only once :shock: . Boy, it is fun to drive the stick, I can tell you..., I feel like kid again !!!

All the best regards and good luck to all forum members.

Cheers,
veryold guy :cool: .

P.S. If anybody cares to, please tell me if I need to watch for, or do anything special, during these first days of owning my new Cobalt.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome, there is nothing you need to do to it as of right now. Just keep the maintenance up on it and you should be good to go. I have a 06 LS and I have not had any real problems with it yet and I have almost 50,000 on it. Maybe someone with a 09 model can tell you if they have had any problems with theirs, again welcome to YC.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome to YC!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Welcome to YC.com!! Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hello and welcome! yay for white cobalts and stick-shifts! i did the same thing - never drove stick before (always wanted to learn to do so), and when i saw my cobalt for sale and that it was a stick (it was used but with only 5k on it), i decided now was as good a time to learn as any. :-D

glad you're having fun with it! :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome to the site old timer! haha I could never buy a base model....I need my options! lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi everybody: Just wanted to thank everyone soooo much for all the welcomes :). Feels great to be in such a friendly group. Well, as for my new "base model white cobalt" all is fine so far. The only fly in the ointment is that the left head lite has a lot of condensation inside, and it's not going away. I did search your forum for this topic and somebody had the same problem, and the dealer replaced the whole head lite assembly under warranty. I'll leave it for now and maybe talk to the dealer during my first oil change.

Again, thanks to all for such nice greetings and welcomes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.