Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it be to get a shop to install my tsudo exhaust? Don't want to do it myself bc I don't have the tools and I don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
150 bux or so i would think.....

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me and Chris could do it for ya...haha

We are doing exhaust work today actually! :)
haha if I wasn't so far away I would! Thanks guys for the quick answers. I guess I'll just call around and ask. Just wanted to get pricing before I asked around so I wouldn't be shocked haha.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Make sure to ask what their shop rate is if they are charging by the hour, I would say 1 hour max and alot of shops charge 1 hour minimum. So at my shop it would be $65.

Also ask if you can walk back and look at the install befor the car comes off the lift, they may let you, just to make sure all the hangers are secure and everything is right. It is hard to look at the job they did by laying on the ground in your driveway afterwards. It never hurts to ask.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
Based on how easy it is to install I would be surprised if it even took them 30 minutes.
Maybe on the install, but when people think about taking their car some where to get work done they do not take in consideration the time it takes to pull the car in and put on the lift, (depending on the lift) getting out the required tools and then taking it off the lift, pulling it outside and ringing the customer up. extra 15 to 20 mins.
When billing a customer for work all time is considered.

Time also depends if the installer is paid hourly or by piece rate. If I'm being paid piece rate, I move much quicker.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If an exhaust shop is charging you more than $50 to unbolt your stock catback and bolt up a new one with no welding involved...your getting bent over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.