Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
You wont get any "power" out of it but it will increase your gas mileage. Last year as B-Day presents i got my dad, mom and sister a K&N as one of their presents and all loved them. Just keep up w/ the cleaning and oiling of the unit and it'll pay itself off....especially w/ todays gas prices.

·
Registered
257 Posts
it's like 40 bones per filter...you can just toss it after every use or sell it. But a waste of money if you ask me. it's not that hard to clean and even hard to over oil....it's pretty straight forward but the choice is yours.

·
Registered
265 Posts
not to mention that after having paid for it 6 times you'd have spent as much money as buying a CAI would cost you now...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think its worth the money compared to a CAI which gives you just the same power and gas milage. My car runs better with the K&N compared to my AEM CAI I paid 250 for! Its all your choice and opinion though!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think its worth the money compared to a CAI which gives you just the same power and gas milage. My car runs better with the K&N compared to my AEM CAI I paid 250 for! Its all your choice and opinion though!!
But are you talking about the K&N CAI or the drop in K&N high flow replacement to the stock air filter that's he's talking about?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is'nt the K&N Drop In Filter oiled ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just fail to see how the drop in could possibly be better than a full CAI. Unless the AEM CAI really is just poop...

·
Registered
257 Posts
intakes really dont do much for engine performance in n/a cars....however in boosted cars they allow for faster spool by a few hundred RPM's and add pretty good power...But in a n/a engine the demand for air, especially in an econobox like the cobalt, just isn't there. The intakes could flow thousands of CFM's but your engine will only take in what it needs or what it's tuned to take in...

·
Registered
265 Posts
So hypothetically if we could tune the 2.2L we could pull more out of a CAI...?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have never heard of a Hot Air Intake.....Did you mean a SRI ?

Chester added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Hahaha imagen that... a true tune for the 2.2's haha .. i wish

·
Registered
265 Posts
It'll happen one day, just you wait and see, then the LS's will be walking all over the SS's... :-D

·
Registered
257 Posts
So hypothetically if we could tune the 2.2L we could pull more out of a CAI...?
In order to NEED more air you need more fuel and/or more displacement....

I have never heard of a Hot Air Intake.....Did you mean a SRI ?

Chester added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

SRI hot air intake....samething....
It'll happen one day, just you wait and see, then the LS's will be walking all over the SS's... :-D
There is a lap top based tune now available for the E37 by carputer.com....it's called the LS2_Edit...only for the E37 though and cost a pretty penny...Why does every 2.2L and their mother want to beat SS's so badly....it's like....Well someday i'll afford enough to put stuff on my car and beat the guy who had the money to buy the ss." not saying your saying that bro but that seems to be the mentality of most 2.2Ls

·
Registered
265 Posts
In order to NEED more air you need more fuel and/or more displacement....

There is a lap top based tune now available for the E37 by carputer.com....it's called the LS2_Edit...only for the E37 though and cost a pretty penny...Why does every 2.2L and their mother want to beat SS's so badly....it's like....Well someday i'll afford enough to put stuff on my car and beat the guy who had the money to buy the ss." not saying your saying that bro but that seems to be the mentality of most 2.2Ls
E37?

Well, honestly my long term goal is to transform it into something that will easily hold it's water against the LS1 that I also own. Granted I know I've got my work cut out for me, but keeping up with an LS1 means destroying the average cobalt SS really...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh well that's perfect because that's what I have. How easy of a program is it? Or have you even used it yet at all? Cables needed? Or should I just go check out the site and answer my own questions?... lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.