Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got me a o8 cobalt lt and it's time to make this kitty purr. (off topic(this website has helped me alot so thanks for all the info in advance)) i'm set on the k&n typhoon. and going to go with a magnaflow exauhst. but from here im at a stopping point. i know what i want to do interior wise but putting in a header any good ? anyother suggestions? im fool when it comes to cars (not knowing to much) so im asking the same questions as everyother noob but just thought id put up my first post up ! this site is bad a** aloso..... anyone in the slc 801 area lets go for a cruz!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust are some nice choices.

yes a header will be very good to go along the new intake and catback. also get a new down pipe for it as well and youll be set. certain companies offer header/d/p combos
sweet man thanks i got the DUMBEST question ever... how do i take off the engine cover and all thats shtupid plastic stuff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
just as said above remove your oil cap and the engine cover is just held on the upper left corner and bottom right corner. just pull up and itll come off. then after you do that twist the plastic neck that the oil cap sits on and that will come off as well so your oil cap will now sit flush with your valve cover.

and yes the other piece has to stay on until you get a new intake

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just as said above remove your oil cap and the engine cover is just held on the upper left corner and bottom right corner. just pull up and itll come off. then after you do that twist the plastic neck that the oil cap sits on and that will come off as well so your oil cap will now sit flush with your valve cover.

and yes the other piece has to stay on until you get a new intake
thanks again! ill get that done tommorrow.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Hey man! welcome to the site! I'm from SLC also. PM me. I can help you out with pretty much anything on your cobalt. Good choice on K&N! A header and down pipe are GREAT mods to do to the cobalt! I dropped .5 second in the 1/4 mle at RMR by adding a header/DP to my existing mods!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man! welcome to the site! I'm from SLC also. PM me. I can help you out with pretty much anything on your cobalt. Good choice on K&N! A header and down pipe are GREAT mods to do to the cobalt! I dropped .5 second in the 1/4 mle at RMR by adding a header/DP to my existing mods!

aw dude having someone who knows what their doing is a huge effing help and i mean huge help. i ordered the k&n intake but dude im kinda nervous about putting it in and the header man is way over my head when it comes to installing anything like that ill send you a message but thanks in advance!
any other requests for car upgrades

·
Registered
610 Posts
i read that the jet performance module gives you up to 25hp

·
Registered
122 Posts
aw dude having someone who knows what their doing is a huge effing help and i mean huge help. i ordered the k&n intake but dude im kinda nervous about putting it in and the header man is way over my head when it comes to installing anything like that ill send you a message but thanks in advance!
any other requests for car upgrades

Intake isnt much of a problem, I did mine at night under a streetlight, the directions that come with it arent the greatest help, but its not to hard to figure out, just look at the pictures of the people that have one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i read that the jet performance module gives you up to 25hp
ive done a little investigating on the jet chip as well. i doubt it will give that much hp but it was somehting that seemed to give us a little edge anyone have it????? if so hows it working

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Intake isnt much of a problem, I did mine at night under a streetlight, the directions that come with it arent the greatest help, but its not to hard to figure out, just look at the pictures of the people that have one.
yeah that's what i figured. thanks man !

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ive done a little investigating on the jet chip as well. i doubt it will give that much hp but it was somehting that seemed to give us a little edge anyone have it????? if so hows it working
i personally dont have one. but ive only heard good reviews about it. there are some issues i believe with model or year types for the connectors but someone who knows about that can clear that up or correct me. it will not give you 25hp. i personally will be waiting and getting a custom tune from trifecta.

the jet chip is for people worried about their warranty because it can be removed easily, or for people who dont want a full custom tune because they dont want to do any real performance work. a custom tune will benefeit your car more but once its on you just cant take it off/on whenever you want. that being said its a nice chip if thats kinda what your looking for. if you want more out of something put that money towards a tune.

and if a jet chip is enough for what you want to do, then add the b&m shift plus to your auto for some firmer shifts as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i personally dont have one. but ive only heard good reviews about it. there are some issues i believe with model or year types for the connectors but someone who knows about that can clear that up or correct me. it will not give you 25hp. i personally will be waiting and getting a custom tune from trifecta.

the jet chip is for people worried about their warranty because it can be removed easily, or for people who dont want a full custom tune because they dont want to do any real performance work. a custom tune will benefeit your car more but once its on you just cant take it off/on whenever you want. thank being said its a nice chip if thats kinda what your looking for. if you want more out of something put that money towards a tune.

and if a jet chip is enough for what you want to do, then add the b&m shift plus to your auto for some firmer shifts as well
yeah dude i was planning on that.... thanks for the info man !

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
its real simple man. theres just 2 connectors that put a small splice into your trans wries and then you can mount the control box somewhere under the hood or in the car if you want easier access to the switch as there are 2 settings between. i always have mine on the firmer setting

heres a DIY from the site

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/9422-how-install-b-m-shift-2-2-2-4-auto.html

and its seriously not confusing as the two people were makin it sound. i mounted mine in the engine bay because i didnt care about having easy access to the settings and this isnt a perm mod to my car. it took maybe 20 mins to put on

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.